Question

Student
babso
Message 1 of 2 (27,960 Views)

My laptop wireless card has stopped working.

I have an HP TX1000 laptop.  I turned it on and had no connectivity to the wireless network and the error message was that a cable was unplugged.  I went down to where the ATT router is and all lights were green so that was working.  My card was not working.  I then tried to restore the computer to the last day I used the computer.  I had not changed anything.  That did not work.

How do I fix this?

Intern
Oglon3r
Message 2 of 2 (27,942 Views)

Re: My laptop wireless card has stopped working.

go to device manager (right click computer) click on manage>> device manager

See your network adapter do you have any yellow exclamation signs?

If you do then double click and check Device status.

Your driver may be disabled or there is a problem with the driver (recent update or what not)

So depending on what you find from checking the device manager you may have to

a) activate driver by right clicking the one that shows and error.

b)if it says it cant start then go to device installation settings change your options so it will say "Always install the best driver software from Windows Update" Unintsall it by right clicking it n selecting uninstall driver.

Now connect your computer to an ethernet cable, restart computer and let windows select the best driver to install.

c)If you are still having issues or driver doesnt install try using an older driver and install manually.

first go again to device installation settings and click on Never install drivers from windows Update

Find the drivers associated with whatever OS you are using here and install a previous Broadcom wireless version driver (vista drivers will work for Windows 7)

d)the steps above assume the driver was having issues but it you go to device manager and theres no exclamation mark on anyd river your wireless card its probably malfunctioning or dead. So what you can do is (Check the owners manual if you attemtp to do this by the way.) Find out where the wireless card is open laptop up take it out blow the dust that may be on the connector side of it and where its connected, reconnects and see if it works.

d) if it didnt you may have to purchase another one out of ebay/amazon there are a lots of places and seach for HP TX1000 wireless card, buy, install ???? PROFIT.

good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation