Question

Top Student
RGM11562
Message 1 of 2 (942 Views)

My motherboard has 2 sata plugs that have never been used how do I enable them when not n bios a620n

Hi my HP A620N has 2 sata data plugs on the motherboard that have never been used the person at the store told me if the new harddrive is not detected then the sata need to be enabled by entering bios and changing the settings. I went to bios and I cannot find any sata  anywhere in bios. my motherboard is an mfr name asus a7v8x-la hp name kelut-GL6E i cant locate anything at the asus.com about my motherboard and everything i tried at hp.com failed can anyone help?

"ON YOUR FEET OR ON YOUR KNEES"
Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 2 (921 Views)

Re: My motherboard has 2 sata plugs that have never been used how do I enable them when not n bios a

RGM11562 wrote: Hi my HP A620N has 2 sata data plugs on the motherboard that have never been used the person at the store told me if the new harddrive is not detected then the sata need to be enabled by entering bios and changing the settings. I went to bios and I cannot find any sata  anywhere in bios. my motherboard is an mfr name asus a7v8x-la hp name kelut-GL6E i cant locate anything at the asus.com about my motherboard and everything i tried at hp.com failed can anyone help?

Hello RGM11562, The specifications for your system shows it supports both ATA (IDE) and Sata hard and optical drives.

As you suggest, it does have two Sata ports available.

Here  is the link for the specifications for your system.

Here  is a link that has some generic information on how to navigate the BIOS.

You should be able to locate and enable (check) the Sata ports, most likely in the Storage section.

If you do not have a hard drive or optical drive connected to one of these ports, you should leave it unchecked. Only check the Sata port that has a drive connected to it. If there is no drive connected and the Sata port is checked, you may receive an error message at bootup.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation