Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.  I have only had this computer for a week.  The computer did a reconfiguration and after taking over an hour to restart, I restarted it manually and I get the message below:

Checking media presence

Media present...

Start PXE over IPv6

Error:  no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

I have turned my computer off/on several times and I still get this message. 

Can someone please help!  I am extremely aggitated with this and about to bring it back and get my money back! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

SherialT

Welcome. Sounds like you have a very frustrating problem.

Seems like the computer is trying to boot from an outside source.

First thing you should try is to shutdown your computer.

Press and hold the "Windows" key and the "B" key, and then press and hold the Power button.

After 1-3 seconds, release the buttons.

Your computer should beep several times and then start a BIOS Update. Let your computer go through the process of updating (just a few minutes) and your computer should start up.

If this doesn't solve your problem, come on back. I have a couple more ideas if this doesn't work.

Jendyruth

Please click the white Kudos star on the left to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your issue makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Im having the same problem and i tried out what you suggested. It beeped like you said but now nothing shows on the monitor, it seems nothing is even being read on it, as the monitor shows the orange light instead of blue/green when its reading something. The cpu is running but nothing is happening. I left it for around ten to fifteen minutes and stiff nothing, so i pressed the power button til it turned off and then on again and still nothing is happening. HELP! 😞
HP Recommended

Hello Imanrshd,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your power light on your HP Pavilion 23 is orange and the screen is remaining blank. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As with this I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi, I tried holding the Windows & B key and started the computer and held the keys for three seconds.  The computer did beep a few times but never did boot up.  Is there any other recommendations you may have.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions you can provide.

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried holding the Windows and B key and started the computer and held the keys for three seconds.  The computer did beep a few times but never did boot up.  Is there any other recommendations you may have.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions you can provide.

HP Recommended
Help - tried the windows, b key and power - now luck - still says Start PXE over IP 6 and goes to error no boot disk detected or disk has failed. I tried memory test and hard drive tests using F2 and it passed all
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.