Question

Honor Student
john10001
Message 1 of 3 (1,092 Views)

New HP Pavilion - Keyboard not working?

About 5 or 6 months ago we got this new HP Pavilion desktop pc. Unfortunately the wireless keyboard for it has never worked. The wireless mouse works perfectly fine though. I have tried new batteries in the keyboard but nada! Does anyone have any ideas? When we got the system there was the keyboard and mouse and a small usb wireless receiver that plugged in the back of the pc. I am presuming that this is meant to work with both keyboard and mouse or is there meant to be another separate usb dongle for the keyboard and that's why it doesn't work? Any ideas?

Cheers,

John

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (1,051 Views)

Re: New HP Pavilion - Keyboard not working?

[ Edited ]

Please identify your Pavilion desktop PC and the USB dongle and mouse and keyboard. (each device has a product name)

There should be a sticker on the rear of your PC. You may also identify it by opening the HP Support Assistant and copying the p/n (product name) at the bottom of the Support Assistant window. 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
john10001
Message 3 of 3 (1,037 Views)

Re: New HP Pavilion - Keyboard not working?

Hello. I seem to have gotten the keyboard working now using the HP Support Assistant. I have managed to slow the seed of the mouse cursor down a bit however motion of this is now fluid and a bit jerky.

Do you know if there is any HP software I can download for the wireless keyboard and mouse that will also give status of battery life on screen?

P/N of keyboard is: 640986-031 and Mouse is: 603289-001

Cheers,

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation