Question

Tutor
Soliel
Message 1 of 14 (16,492 Views)
Accepted Solution

No Driver for Flash drive on HP website

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I just purchased an HP USB Flash Drive v125w from Fry's.

I simply wanted to save my files so I can get a new computer.

After putting in the Flash Drive, my computer says there is no driver.

So I go to the HP website to download a driver for this product.

I can't find one. I can find a driver for the v120w driver but not my v125w driver.

This is a new product...why isn't there a driver?

I call HP, and ask...where can I get a driver? Why isn't there a driver for this product? And if there isn't, can you please tell me which Flash Drive I can use with my Windows 98 computer?

Of course, they can't answer such simple questions. They know nothing. All they can say is "if it's not on the website then there is no driver". They can't advise me on what Flash Drive I can use for my Windows 98 computer and where a driver is available.

I can't believe I had to work so hard to get so little information. Incredible.

Can someone help me?  I just need a driver to save my files so I can get a new computer.  Can someone tell me what driver I can use for Windows 98 and has a driver to help me install it?

I cannot believe HP could not answer this for me. Totally LAME. 

Message Edited by Soliel on 08-25-2009 12:51 PM
Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 14 (16,473 Views)

Re: No Driver for Flash drive on HP website

If you are using this on Windows 98, then the problem will be getting 98 to recognize the drive.  If you looked at the requirements, it says "Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista; Mac OS 10.3 and above" on the HP site.

However, I did find this: http://www.abraxis.com/hmc130

So have a look.  Windows 98 is not up to supporting the newer drives natively.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Tutor
Soliel
Message 3 of 14 (16,465 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

Just for the record, I punched in this product many times over in different ways and came up with nothing on the HP site.  I did come up with the 120 series but not the 125.  I don't know how you did it, but I could not.

And the package says nothing about compatibility.  It doesn't use that word at all.

Nonetheless, I figured it out on my own...without HP's help.

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 4 of 14 (16,458 Views)

FYI, no one here works for HP, we are simply helpful people. I am glad you were able to figure this out on your own. If there is anything else we can assist with, let us know!

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Tutor
Soliel
Message 5 of 14 (16,450 Views)

You guys are awesome and thank you very much.  I am very glad there are boards like this.

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 6 of 14 (16,441 Views)

You're most welcome! We are here to help!

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Provost
erico
Message 7 of 14 (16,417 Views)

Adamtech wrote:
FYI, no one here works for HP, we are simply helpful people.
@ Adamtech
FYI...There are indeed forum members here in the forum who are HP employees. Look for the PRO label to the left of their user name or HP to the right. They are here to help on their own volition and are speaking for themselves and not for HP (see the disclaimer below their posts)
regards,
erico 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 8 of 14 (16,412 Views)

What I meant was, No one here is officially representing HP because this user had a small complaint against HP and their support site.

Student
e29781
Message 9 of 14 (14,532 Views)

Good evening, I too am having problems with my Dell running on Windows XP not recognizing my HP v125w flash drive. My computer says it is missing a driver. What resolved the previous person's problem? Any help would be great!

Student
Barbelithus
Message 10 of 14 (13,238 Views)

Yeah, same problem here. I have a self-built PC running Windows XP. The flash drive was working fine until one day my sister put it into the USB port a little too forcefully. Ever since, the PC reads it as "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy found new hardware" but won't install any new hardware bcz it can't find the driver. Much like OP I was also unable to find a driver on this website and the link provided by one of the responders is broken. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation