Numpad on Keyboard (319 Views)
Top Student
wakafanykai123
Message 1 of 10 (319 Views)

Numpad on Keyboard

How do I disable page up for example on numpad 9, you can disable it with numlock, but how do i make permaent numlock for only the numpad keys?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 10 (291 Views)

Re: Numpad on Keyboard

Hello wakafanykai123

What HP computer model do you have? Typically enabling numlock at startup is an option in the BIOS. While it won't permanently keep numlock on, it will have it on by default unless you press the button again or a particular software/application temporarily disables it.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
wakafanykai123
Message 3 of 10 (267 Views)

HP Pavilion p6727c Desktop PC
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 10 (262 Views)

Numpad on Keyboard

Hello wakafanykai123

While your computer is turning on you can access the BIOS by pressing a key (sometimes referred to as Setup). The key varies but typically it is F1, F2, or Delete. Under the Advanced tab there should be an option to enable :Num Lock State at Power On" or something similar to that. If you are unsure, but are able to get into the BIOS let me know what options you see in relation to Num Lock.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Top Student
wakafanykai123
Message 5 of 10 (254 Views)

Yea, my comp is F10 and there's nothing like num lock state at power on. And I'm just trying to enable permanence numlock for just some keys.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 10 (216 Views)

Numpad on Keyboard

Hello wakafanykai123

If the option to enable Num Lock at startup is not in the BIOS then it will need to be enabled in Windows.
How do I enable the NUM LOCK key for the logon screen?

There may be other ways through third party programs to enable Num Lock for just some keys (like a keyboard remapping program).

Top Student
wakafanykai123
Message 7 of 10 (207 Views)

No, my numlock turns on at startup. I just need to enable numlock for just some keys.89723

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 10 (203 Views)

Numpad on Keyboard

Hello wakafanykai123

You will need to use a program called a "keyboard remapper" what it will allow you to do is change which keys perform what action. Without it I am unsure of any other way to enable Num Lock for only the keys 2 3 7 8 9.

You can do a search for a keyboard remapper on Google or your favorate search engine. One I found is linked below.
Keyboard Remapper

Top Student
wakafanykai123
Message 9 of 10 (192 Views)

Keyboard remappers dont work. It thinks when i press the numpad key, its pg up not numpad 9. The computer is interpeting it as that and sending it to the program as that.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 10 of 10 (171 Views)

Numpad on Keyboard

Hello wakafanykai123

If Num Lock is on the num pad keys should register as different keys (the numeric). If Num Lock is off they will register as page up, etc. If the keyboard remapper is not working correctly (not taking into account Num Lock being on) try another keyboard and see if the problem persists.

The only other thing I can think of is to research a keyboard that comes with its own mapping software. Most often they are gaming keyboards, but they allow the user to change keys to how they want it and to create profiles for their key layouts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation