Question

Top Student
jacksheretoo
Message 1 of 2 (777 Views)
Accepted Solution

Nvidia 9300 GE died :(

Hi I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9370a pc.

Apparently the graphix card (GeForce 9300 GE : 256 MB) has died and now I am relying on the onboard til I find what to replace it with.

Due to the space..which is limited I am finding it hard and need a list of ones I can use to replace, ie: better than the one that died..I hope :smileytongue: hehe thanks in advance for any help, much appriciated :smileyhappy:

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (745 Views)

Re: Nvidia 9300 GE died :(

Jack, your only problem is not simply the space.  The PSU in the computer is only 300W.  It is becoming more difficult to find good cards that will run on that wattage.  I try to recommend cards with DDR3 memory.  Any of the others are much slower.

The best way to know what will fit is to measure the space.  Open the case.  Measure from the edge of the case to the opposite side of the motherboard where the PCIE slot is located.  This is the approximate length of card that will fit.  A single profile (one slot) will work best in a small case.  I like XFX, BFG, EVGA, Sapphire and PNY in that order.

Here is a XFX card that should fit and work with your PSU.  I recommend going to XFX'es website to get the actual measurements of the card to assure that it will fit.  It says that it requires a minimum of 350W, but manufacturers tend to overrate the requirements of their cards.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!