VKIFUBA
Message 41 of 47 (1,993 Views)

Re: OSD Lockout

OSD LOCKOUT IN MIDDLE OF SCREEN...how do i remove it please

Student
sammydog
Message 42 of 47 (968 Views)

I get a black screen with a small dash on the top left. When I push menu button on my monitor I get the OSD Lockout

Student
JellybeanA1
Message 43 of 47 (724 Views)

Your solution sound a heck of a lot better than having to take the back off etc. Especially because you can still use your volume settings!! Thanks a lot!! JellybeanA1

Student
risman
Message 44 of 47 (614 Views)

bagaimana cara meriset lcd hp 1740 yang terproteck OSD LOCKOUT ?

Student
joietan
Message 45 of 47 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have HP L1906 monitor and it must have been years back when I acquired it. I was just browsing the net with 6 superbird browsers simultaneously and the dreaded "OSD" lock appeared and popping out everytime that you cannot use the monitor properly and you get disgusted.

Tried to google the possible solutions and came to this site and tried all suggested advices. I even used multimeter resistance to check if the 3 microswitches are working fine. There is continuity but im reading a resistance not "0" ohms, by a couple of hundreds of ohm and going down ,which means that maybe the 3 microswitches are dirty inside creating the resistance.

I dont have the contact cleaner with me, to clean the microswitches, nor the time to go to electronic shop to buy new microswitches and at the moment need to surf the net. So what I did ,( PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DONT KNOW THE CABLE CONFIGURATIONS), on the mini pc board where the 3 microswitches are mounted, there are two cable connectors,

Black connector- located to the left of the pcb while you are facing the monitor, and it has 8 stranded wires.

White connector- located to the right hand side of the mini pcb, and has 4 stranded wires.

The black connector is where the 3 microswitches are wired, I traced the common wire going to the three micro switches, and then locate the 3 individual output signal cables of the microswitches to the black connector. After that, I just cut the 3 stranded wires , puit tape insulation and fired up the monitor. It works for me and the OSD lock popping screen is gone. I have two hunches, it might be one of the microswitches is faulty, or there is a component failure somewhere in the main board of the monitor.

"AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS , IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED OR YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS"

PS. I will buy a contact cleaner to clean the microswitches, and will connect the 3 control cables I cut, and will give feedback on this post later.

Student
uglyfeet
Message 46 of 47 (189 Views)

Same problem with osd lockout.  I tried all the solutions I found in this forum.  It kept coming back.

Then I went to Display Properties/Settings and moved my screen resolution to the far right (highest size).

It never came back again.

Student
Bencresdee
Message 47 of 47 (129 Views)

Is there any software solution to this where we can disable the message, I have tried all of the "power off and power on " do this for 30 seconds nonesense. unfortunatly it seems for me atleast to be every button is going haywire because the menu will pop up and go into say contrast and then alter the settings. I know nothing is obstructing it and I've cleaned the buttons. 

I was just wondering has anyone found a fix other than "buy a new one" or "open the moniter up" unfortunatly i don't have the tools for that.  Isn't it possible to disable it with a software application?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation