Question
OSD Lockout
Replies (45)

Student
kjtrent5264
Message 11 of 46 (18,287 Views)

Re: OSD Lockout

I have no sound  and OSD Lockout  pops up.

Student
haroon
Message 12 of 46 (17,921 Views)

thanks it worked :smileyhappy:

Tutor
mjp65aa
Message 13 of 46 (17,497 Views)

This is happening to me again. I work at home and am too poor at the moment to pay for a new monitor. This defect seems deliberate and I plan to go to BBB and State attorny general on Monday.

Honor Student
aidenshaw
Message 14 of 46 (17,324 Views)

I wouldn't recommend this but it worked for me.  Make sure you mess with the buttons to get rid of osd lockout first before you do this or you might not be able to get rid of it.  I took a pair of needle nose pliars and a screwdriver and pulled all the 4 buttons off the front, exposing the circuit board and the wired in buttons underneath.  Then I took the needle nose pliars and got a good grip on the buttons, btw unplug your monitor before you do this, got a good grip, pulled, and twisted at the same time and just pried the button off the board.  For osd lockout its the button farthest to the left, for the volume problems its the 2nd or 3rd buttons that go bad.  Obviously you wont be able to use these controls anymore but i couldn't use the monitor at all with the osd on all the time so whatever.  You could probably take the monitor apart and get the buttons off a little cleaner but i didn't feel like it so i just pried them off with the pliars.  Once again don't do this at all ever you might hurt yourself.  It's just what I did, but don't do it.  Btw my monitor works fine now just can't adjust the volume or osd but I have my own speakers anyway so screw it.

Student
PradeepMC
Message 15 of 46 (17,295 Views)

Hi,

Getting osd lock out in one of our HP monitor.Kindly help me to resolve this issue. Tried by press holding the menu button for 10-20 secs. Still the problem exists.

Tutor
mjp65aa
Message 16 of 46 (17,276 Views)

HP had the nerve to say if i buy another monitor they will give me a extended warenty. What a freaking joke. You can eaither screw me or you can have my business.  You cannot do both.  I will take this as far as I can with BBB, media, state attourney general, and word of mouth. They screw me out of a few hundred dollars, but i will not stop until i cost them tens of thousands at least. How sad can a company's customer service be...

Tutor
cadesignr
Message 17 of 46 (16,919 Views)

I've got the same problem.  Tried everything mentioned, and still have the problem. After spending this much money, only to get a product that doesn't work right, it REALLY ticks me off. Just like software. Products rolled out so fast before full testing. That's it for me. NO MORE HP products. PERIOD. No woneder HP was going under. Your ehtics as a company sucks.   Your reputation will too.  I will personally recommend to anyone who asks to NEVER purchase HP.   You would think the CEO/shareholders of companiy's like HP would care about their "future"

Unfortunately..they don't. Only immediete profits...screw the customer.  Well...I gots news for ya. SCREW YOU too!

Tutor
mjp65aa
Message 18 of 46 (16,915 Views)

HP does suck and they had the Gaul to offer as a solution if I bought another monitor they support that one. I am so pissed I can not put it into words.
Top Student
Johnb59
Message 19 of 46 (16,882 Views)

osd locked

Top Student
Johnb59
Message 20 of 46 (16,882 Views)

How do get the osd menu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation