07-31-2014 11:56 AM
I appreciate letting me know step by step process of the opening the back cover of the NEW (2013) hp Pavilion 23-f250 desktop all-in-one to add ram memory. There are some video online but not for 23-f250, is there one for thins one?
07-31-2014 06:17 PM - edited 07-31-2014 06:20 PM
Try this HP Upgrade and Servicing Guide.
Memory Modules removal
Before you begin: Remove the VESA cover and the rear cover.
- Carefully pull out the EMI shield covering the memory slots – take care not to damage the battery on the motherboard.
- Next, gently pull out on the retaining lever located on each side of the SO-DIMM memory module. The module will pop up from its socket.
- Pull the module out of the socket.
Memory Modules replacement
- There is a small notch on one side of each SO-DIMM module that fits over a small tab on one side of each SO-DIMM socket.
- To replace an SO-DIMM memory module, angle the module to about 45 degrees, engaging the notch into its socket tab.
- Press the module down into place until the retaining levers snap into position over the sides of the module.
- Carefully align the top edge of the EMI shield over the memory slot cutout on the motherboard shield – then press it down into place.
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT