Question

Honor Student
jkosmensky
Message 1 of 4 (261 Views)
Accepted Solution

PC doesn't find both video cards installed

I recently purchased an HP Compaq 6005 Pro Athlon II Desktop, running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I like to use two monitors so I purchased an XFX Plus Edition video card to run my second monitor. Now my PC only sees the new video card. Reading the specs for the PC it gives "integrated graphics" as the graphics description.

How do I get it to recognize both cards? Or will it? Do I need to remove the graphics card that came with it and replace with another XFX card, or can I not do that since it is integrated? (Not sure what integrated means in this situation.)

Thank you!

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (246 Views)

Re: PC doesn't find both video cards installed

Hi:

I am assuming you intalled a PCI express video card and not a PCI one.

Check your BIOS under the advanced options. Some models have a Integrated Video (enable/disable).

If the setting is not grayed out, change the setting to enabled, save it there and then you should be able to use your onboard video and video card.

If you have no such setting or it is grayed out, that means when you install a PCI express (PCIe x16) video card, the onboard video is automatically disabled and cannot be used.

Run your dual monitors from two of the outputs from the XFX video card you installed (like the dvi out and vga  out, for example).

I have done that a few times before.

Honor Student
jkosmensky
Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

No integrated video option in my BIOS but I was able to connect both monitors to the new video card and now they are both working. Thank you!
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (218 Views)

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation