PCI Serial Port Card (410 Views)
snb Honor Student
Honor Student
snb
Message 1 of 6 (410 Views)

PCI Serial Port Card

Hi there I need to find out what type of PCI serial port card will work (fit) in my HP Pavilion slimline S5-1126. We have printers that have serial cables and a usb converter will not work with the type of printer. I have already tried numerous ones. I have tried one low profile PCI serial port card but it does not fit in the motherboard. Also looking for a relatively cheap one. Thanks!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (393 Views)

Re: PCI Serial Port Card

Hi,

Please check again, do you need serial port or parallel port for your printer ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
snb Honor Student
Honor Student
snb
Message 3 of 6 (392 Views)

I need a 9 pin serial port for my printer.

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (388 Views)

Hi,

Based on the specs of its motherboard, it has 3 PCIe slots (don't use other 2) therefore you can install something like one of these for it. The USB to serial adapter which did not work could be due to the chipset/driver.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
snb Honor Student
Honor Student
snb
Message 5 of 6 (382 Views)

How do I make sure it will fit in the slot of the motherboard, is there a certain make/model of the card that I need to look for? The one that I tried states that it is a 1 Port PCI RS232 Serial adapter card with 16550 UART and it does not fit in the large slot shown on the motherboard. The gaps on the card line up wrong.

Thanks!
Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 6 (379 Views)

Hi,

There are 3 slots PCIe x 1 on the montherboard. Please make sure you have the right size. Also read more from this (to see number of pins & length):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

Regards.

BH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation