Question

Student
dcrawler
Message 1 of 2 (735 Views)

PXE - E61: Media Test Failure, check cable

[ Edited ]

Recently i formatted my samsung hdd on another computer and then placed it back to my hp desktop pc but i get this error PXE - E61: Media Test Failure, check cable every time i try to boot from dvd or hdd. I tried to fix it by changing boot sequence but it still gives me same error.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (690 Views)

PXE - E61: Media Test Failure, check cable

[ Edited ]

Hello dcrawler,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that after you formatted your hard drive using another computer you cannot boot without getting the error "PXE - E61: Media Test Failure, check cable". The PXE (Preboot eXecution Environment) is an environment to boot computers using a network interface card. You mentioned that you tried to fix the boot sequence and it still gives you the same error. You can try ensuring that your CD/DVD ROM is first on the boot list, followed by the hard drive. If that does not work try restoring factory defaults on your BIOS.

If you require additional support I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation