Question

Honor Student
teh_siggy
Message 1 of 5 (833 Views)

Pavilion 500-017c Compatible Video Graphics Cards

Hello everybody,

I just registered to this forum and I only have one question:

I have an HP Pavilion 500-017c and I wanted to get a compatible graphics card that isn't much high-end (minimum $90, max $150) for my PC gaming purposes. Here are the specs of my current setup:

HP Pavilion 500-017c

AMD Radon HD 7560D Integrated Graphics Card

AMD Quad-core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor

8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 SDRAM memory

Windows 8.1

For some reason, the integrated graphics card that I have slows down some of the games/software that I use. Not because of other running processes, but it just does. I would appreciate for the response. Thanks!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (827 Views)

Re: Pavilion 500-017c Compatible Video Graphics Cards

Hi,

Its specs shows it has 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen2.0) slot but its power supply unit (PSU):

Power Supply
Internal 300W (100V-240V)

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
teh_siggy
Message 3 of 5 (820 Views)

I have bought a Galaxy GT610 GPU with the same specs as the one that you linked me. But the problem was, even though I have followed all of the instructions on that product, the CPU won't boot up properly and I hear 5 beeps after it stopped. What have I been doing wrong as of this?

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (816 Views)

Hi,

Sounds like power supply (PSU), have you added anything before the video card ? Please check the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07107#N845

Reseat RAM may also help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
thisisbusiness
Message 5 of 5 (472 Views)

Re: Pavilion 500-017c Compatible Video Graphics Cards and Windows 8.1

HP configured PC slots to be secure. You need to get into the BIOS to disable that function in order to add after market PCI cards. The process to get TO the BIOS is prolonged: Open CHARMS: Change PC Settings: Update and Recovery: Recovery: Advanced Startp: Troubleshoot: Advanced Options: UEFI Firmware Settings: (F4) : Computer Setup BIOS: Security: Slot Security.... bored yet? That will get rid of the beeps and allow you to store the card in your PC so you can locate it again in your office. However it will not guarantee your system will recognize the new hardware. Good luck with that. Perhaps your system is underpowered? Maybe you (me too) need to purchase a new power supply as well? I would like to know too. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation