Question

Top Student
matrix849
Message 1 of 9 (258 Views)

Pavilion 500-205t - wireless / bluetooth driver

When I look at HP's website in the support section there is no wireless driver under networking section. Can you please provide a link to a wireless driver that is compatible with my machine?

I opted for the 2x2 with bluetooth (when i search for the hardware ID it shows as a broadcom device).

Thanks!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 9 (256 Views)

Re: Pavilion 500-205t - wireless / bluetooth driver

Hi,

What is the OS on your machine ? Did you upgrade/downgrade it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
matrix849
Message 3 of 9 (240 Views)

I purchased it with windows 7, and just reinstalled windows 7.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 9 (235 Views)

Hi,

Please use the following package for Windows 7 64bit:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62847.exe

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
matrix849
Message 5 of 9 (233 Views)

SP62847.exe is the drive for the LAN, not the wireless.

Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 9 (222 Views)

Hi,

All are on the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=6667...

or you can try click    Scan now    from the above link.

Regards.

BH
Top Student
matrix849
Message 7 of 9 (221 Views)

I have tried the scan option, and I have tried the windows 8 version of the driver. Neither has worked.

I bought this machine with the wireless and with windows 7. The wireless driver for windows 7 is not listed on the website.

I have chatted with tech support, and called into tech support. Nobody seems to know where this driver is.

I am unfortunetly getting very frustrated because nobody seems to know where this driver is, its as if support was an after thought for windows 7, especially when I purchased the machine with windows 7.

Tech support has been very friendly but unhelpful. I asked multiple times for this issue to be escalated. Someone, somewhere in HP has this driver, it just hasn't been publised to the website.

Master's Graduate
ibfrenchy
Message 8 of 9 (185 Views)

True is has not yet been published to the website yet, normally it can take a couple months before the original drivers are published. And since this is a new launch for windows 7, those drivers are not available on older models, since that wireless card is new. Have you tried re-installing it via the recovery manager?

I'm going to venture a guess from the pieces of the puzzle here -

You installed a "clean" copy of windows 7

You deleted the recovery partion

You didn't create a set of recovery media before you deleted the recovery partition and installed windows.

am I right?

If so, your best bet is to get some recovery media and re-install windows 7. The HP version is no different then a retail copy except for the fact that it has drivers pre-installed for you. unless you have Pro, we didn't off pro on that model.

good luck

bill

I'm a HP employee
Student
ttmpls
Message 9 of 9 (22 Views)

So please explain to me why I can't do a clean install with my own fully functional and authorized Windows 7 professional CD on this machine. Then just download the network drivers for this model and have it work? I've been doing this with HP machines for all the other machines I've bought in my company. Then I do it to this one and the network driver won't work. Tech support says that I shoudn't have done a clean install. What does it matter, I should be albe to download all the drivers from the site and transfer them onto this machine. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation