Pavilion A6750F motherboard 9 pin power led connector (2161 Views)
Top Student
sdowney717
Message 1 of 5 (2,161 Views)

Pavilion A6750F motherboard 9 pin power led connector

looking for info on what pins go where for the power switch, leds, etc...

this is it, can someone help point me to the right documentation?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01635688&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3872428#N33

supposedly a MS-7548 motherboard

Top Student
sdowney717
Message 2 of 5 (2,134 Views)

Re: Pavilion A6750F motherboard 9 pin power led connector

thanks I found this where someone posted the connectors

BUT, I would like to see the link on the HP support pages. I looked threw

the manuals and did not see this information

http://www.amdzone.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=138381

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 3 of 5 (2,128 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello sdowney717, I don't believe you will see any diagrams on any HP pages that provide the information on these pin connections.

The only thing you need to be aware of is the power Led leads (wires) and the hard drive activity Led leads (wires).

These leads (wires) are polorized and need to be connected it the proper poloarity or they will not light up.

If you connect the improperly and they do not light up, just reverse the connector and they then should light up.

The power and the reset connectors are just a switch that makes a complete circuit, so they can be connected in either polarity and still work just fine.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Top Student
sdowney717
Message 4 of 5 (2,119 Views)

yes, that is true.

Not sure what would happen if an LED connector was shorted with the switch.

some boards have some printing to help indicate what is what.

I prefer to see some real info to hook things up.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 5 of 5 (2,103 Views)

sdowney717 wrote: yes, that is true. Not sure what would happen if an LED connector was shorted with the switch.

some boards have some printing to help indicate what is what. I prefer to see some real info to hook things up.

Hello sdowney717, Most motherboards have these pins labled and the front panel leads labeled as well. You might need a magnifier glass to see the labels, but most of them are labeled. If the front panel leads are in a plastic connector, you might need to remove them from the connector.

They usually have a small part of the metal protruding out to keep these leads in the plastic. You can just use a very small pointed device to push the locking device aside and the lead should come right out. Many times these leads are labled even in the plastic connector.

If you have any doubt about the front panel leads, you can use a volt/ohm meter to check these leads to verify which are the power and the reset leads. If you do not have a volt/ohm meter, you can make a device with a flashlight bulb and couple D cells to check these leads.

You can also leave all these leads off the motherboard and use a small screwdriver as a jumper between the pins on the motherboard to start the system. I have done this many times when checking a motherboard when not installed in a case with the front panel leads.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation