Question

Student
hptech
Message 1 of 3 (4,528 Views)

Pavilion Slimline s3100n Hard Drive...?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the HP Pavilion Slimline s3100n hard drive support PC. It cannot bootup and has not video(blank screen).

I am going to send it back to HP for repairing, and they will erase all the data with new setting on the hard drive.

So I need to back up my data on the hard drive. I have tried to

take out the hard drive from the case, but don't know how to take it out. Can somene tell me how to do it with step by steps?

Or some documentation from HP with pictures. Thanks.

Message Edited by hptech on 12-17-2008 12:56 PM
Message Edited by hptech on 12-17-2008 12:57 PM
Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 3 (4,524 Views)

Re: How to take out the Pavilion Slimline s3100n hard drive?

It's explained fully in the Upgrading and Servicing Guide(Requires Adobe Reader)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and good luck with the hard drive!
Honor Student
ENIGMA
Message 3 of 3 (4,242 Views)

Re: Pavilion Slimline s3100n Hard Drive...?

I have a similar problem with my s3100n.  My hard drive needed to be replaced according to the massage at startup, I replaced the hard drive and started a recovery with the factory cd's, it would prepare the disk, but it freezes every time it begins to install the software.  I returned the new hard drive and got another one, the same issue persist.

Can some one help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation