Pavilion Slimline s3750t Desktop (816 Views)
Honor Student
woodsdrums
Message 1 of 6 (816 Views)

Pavilion Slimline s3750t Desktop

Help!!!...I tried to turn on my PC and I get nothing....I switched electrical outlets and replaced the cord, and nothing; just dead silence...the LED light stays on but when I press the switch, it goes out....I put in a new power supply and connected it to the motherboard after removing the Pocket Media Drive, Optical disk, and HDD disk, and pushed the power switch again... the power supply goes out again and everything is still dead --- fan(s) do not move...I looked at the troubleshooting your power supply info and basically performed all those steps short of replacing components...is that what I have to do next or am I overlooking something?

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 6 (806 Views)

Re: Pavilion Slimline s3750t Desktop

If the LED you are speaking of is the one on the power supply and you replaced the power supply with a new one, I would suspect a component failure - motherboard would be a good one to check next.  There are power supply checkers available.  If you can find one or just take it to a local shop and get an estimate for repairs.  Slimline cases are a pain to work inside and off the shelf power supplies may not fit, so make sure you get one that is compatible.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
woodsdrums
Message 3 of 6 (778 Views)

Yes, that LED light is the one on the back of the power supply compartment...and, using the new power supply I got from HP, I got the same result...the light went out and nothing turned on...all the repair shops I contacted said the connector on the power supply is proprietary to Hp...so they couldn't test it...that's why I bought a new one....but, I'll check out the motherboard next...but, that means I'll need to start replacing parts (e.g.. the CPU, etc) one at a time by trial and error because the repair shops are not going to be able to work on the mother board because of the connector...How do I remove the fan off the mother board to get to the processor? can't seem to find any directions on how to do it..do you know of any way? I can't figure it out...

Associate Dean
wb2001
Message 4 of 6 (775 Views)

Now that you have a new PSU take it to the local shop, if you want. There is no reason that they can not troubleshoot the system now. I looked up a standard configuration on that unit. You asked about component removal (CPU) so here is the manual:   http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00877796.pdf

My suggestion:

1) Remove the memory simms, air dust the slots. Then install only one of the DDR2 modules.

2) Not sure if you opted for a graphics card, but is has an onboard GEForce 7100.

3) There were no instructions on the fan issue.

4) Pg 21 has strange comment note alluding that the keyboard must be connected for the graphic card to work.

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB WIN7-64bit
Custom Asus P8P67 board, I7-2600k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W
HP m8100eCTO WIN7 Ultimate 32bit. XFX5670 1GB, Rosewill 530W.
Printer -- OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, HP Deskjet F4135

Honor Student
woodsdrums
Message 5 of 6 (753 Views)

I still don't see how to remove the fan off the CPU...any advice?

Student
zac38zema
Message 6 of 6 (456 Views)

i think i may have the same problem. this is what i do for a temp. fix.

1) unplug power supply and the rest of the cables connecting to the pc

2) hold down the power button for 1 to 2 minutes

3) release the power button and quickly plug the power supply cable back into the pc

4) press the power button after plugging the power back in

the computer should now turn on. you may have to restart the computer at the login screen to get the mouse and keyboard to work again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation