Pavillion Cannot Find Windows (415 Views)
Student
spicyflo
Message 1 of 2 (415 Views)

Pavillion Cannot Find Windows

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 with Windows Vista. When I try to start-up the computer, the Windows Boot Manager window pops up and reads:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1)Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2)Choose your language settings, the click "Next".

3)Click "Repare your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File:\Boot\BCD

Info: An eror occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have the CD and I followed the instruction but the same window keeps popping up and the only thing I can access on the machine is BIOS.

Anyone who can help will be very appreciated.

Student
HemantKumar
Message 2 of 2 (319 Views)

Re: Pavillion Cannot Find Windows

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. OS is Visa Home Premium. There is no OS CD but a Separate Partition to restore the system.

It was working fine till 31st August Morning. System Downloaded the Updates (Windows Updates)and shut down. On return in evening, I was getting the same error as mentioned below in the mail thread. I tried to restore the system to factory default settings by pressing the F10 keywhile booting but it takes me to BIOS setup screen.

I do not have any idea how to repair or restore the system after taking the backup of the Data.

Some insight/solution is required

Hemant Kumar

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation