Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi , I just bought a gigabyte gtx 770 2gb and my pc is stuck in the bios screen and beep every 10 sec , i think the bios version or the pcie isnt recent enough ,

Specs: HP - pavillion h8-1040

Mobo :IPISB-CH2 (Chicago) Pegatron

Intel core i7-2600 3.40ghz

10go of ram DDR3

650w PSU

If its my motherboard what motherboard will u recomanded me to instal that will fit my case , GPU , ram and processor 

Thx in advance ( im french sory for bad english )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again @nitrox,

Unfortunately, I cannot make specific recommendation on a motherboard. I can though advise you to ensure that the motherboard you do purchase if you are going to use the same case is a uATZ factory form and if you want to use the graphics card that you purchased you should ensure that the motheboard has PCIe 3.0 expanstion slots. You will also be shopping for a new processor and most likely RAM as well. Shop around and you can find packages where a motherboard, processor and RAM are all included.

I hope this helps. Have a great day and again thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

I just bought a gtx 970 and I'm having a similar problem... beeps every 20 secs BUT after over a minute of waiting it boots! So you might try waiting a long time if you haven't tried that...

I can't get into the bios setup (if I try it actually never boots at all). But again if I just wait a minute or so it does boot (three total beeps, about 20 secs apart) and once in Windows 7 the card works like a charm. Benchmarks as expected, even runs my Oculus DK2. BUT... I'm worried something is wrong with all those beeps and of course I can't enter the bios setup which is a potential problem some day. Not to mention the extra minute of boot time is annoying.

Any advice from HP support here? Should I try dropping my original card back in and then see if I can get into bios setup? If so, what should I change when I'm in there? I read something about secure boot mode, but seemed to be only an issue for Windows 8? Or will there be a firmware update for the gtx 900s?

My PC is:

HP Pavilion HPE h9xt Phoenix Series
QE445AV#ABA

Help!

..and thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

i didnt waited a minute to see if its boot i will try but there is obvisly somethign wrong ...

HP Recommended

Yes, I totally agree something is wrong... but nice that at least I can boot up and things run fine.

Appreciate any support hp support can give us here... ?

HP Recommended

The motherboards need a bios update to address the issue. HP has no interest in releasing updated bios. They are considered "old" and EOL. I have a 1st gen desktop gaming Phoenix myself. H9-1110t to be exact. i7 2600, 8gb ram, ssd, hdd, gtx 660 etc. I cannot upgrade to the 700 or 900 series since HP will not update the bios for my mobo. It kills me as my system is still a very capable system to this day.

HP Recommended

well my friend is running gtx 780 with my mobo he said ... i dont get it im so pissed bought brand new graphic card and psu and still doesnt WORK

HP Recommended

I have the same mobo as you. What version number are you on bios wise? I have 7.12 As for your friend. HP does do frequent hardware revisions. Especially with their mobo's. So, he could essentially have a different version than both of us. Try to grab some info if you can using CPUZ and post results for mobo. Here are mine. Pay close attention to the model # and compare his with yours. Another thought. Depending on gpu brand and the bios they use. They might be more legacy bios friendly along with full UEFI support as well.

Some might only support full UEFI. Let me give you an example. I have a EVGA Superclocked GTX 660. They released a bios update for the card to support full UEFI. I flashed it and guess what? My PC would not boot up any more. Not compatible with the newer video bios. Thankfully before flashing. Since I had a bad feeling about it. I backed up my previous original bios and was able to restore them using another pc. Then putting it back in my pc. Booted up fine and works perfect again.

I am also curious. What might be the exact GTX 780 your friend is running? Brand and model wise.

Capturemobo.JPG

HP Recommended

I have 7.12 bios version too , my friend idk , he has msi gtx 780 4gb , im so sad about that i want my card to work 😞

HP Recommended

I hear ya. It actually might be a blessing though. Because Nvidia has set the standard regarding VRAM size. It looks like 4GB is the new normal now. Judging by the GTX 970/980 releases. I am curious if the 900 series might work for us. I would also personally go with a 4GB version of a GTX 700 series card if you insist on wanting that series. Trouble is finding one that works with our mobo. Also. If you could get your friends mobo info using cpuz. That would be fantastic. I am extremely curious if he has the same exact mobo board as us.

HP Recommended

I will wait for hp support to answer but ...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.