Printing blank pages (57714 Views)
ske Top Student
Top Student
ske
Message 1 of 23 (57,714 Views)

Printing blank pages

My printer consistently prints out blank pages.  Have tried disconnecting printer and restarting computer.  It'll work for a few days and then stop again.

Intern
James652
Message 2 of 23 (57,708 Views)

Re: Printing blank pages

If it is a WiFi one, re set up the printer.

ske Top Student
Top Student
ske
Message 3 of 23 (57,702 Views)

It is not a Wifi

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 23 (57,691 Views)

This article should help resolve your blank pages:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892627&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
ske Top Student
Top Student
ske
Message 5 of 23 (57,674 Views)

If you are referring to the steps about unplugging everything and restarting...I've tried that several times to no avail.  I called HP support (iyogi?) and after $100.00 being charged to my card the printer worked for about 24 hours.  Now I cannot print, scan or copy.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 6 of 23 (57,639 Views)

There are other steps in there, depending on the operating system involving print preview, printer preferences, checking test page, etc.....

But, I have a question regarding the 24 hours. Did the printer just stop working physically, or just no response from the computer? If so, did something change at about that 24 hour mark? Something like an update to the computer or printer software? If so, go back to before that and see if it functions properly again.

007OHMSS

I am a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
ske Top Student
Top Student
ske
Message 7 of 23 (57,620 Views)

There was no update or other software change at the 24 hour mark.  It just randomly started printing blank pages again.  Sorry about the delay in replying.  I am a tax accountant and had to go get another printer in order to make it through tax season.  Still have hope that I can get the HP working again.  Bought a Canon but it does not scan multiple pages from the device to the computer even though I paid twice as much for it.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 8 of 23 (57,613 Views)

Does this print blank pages simply at random or are they associated with print jobs?

If it is completely random, I mean just prints a blank page out of the blue, then disconnect it from the computer. Keep it turned on just sitting there and see if the random blank page printing still happens. If it prints blank pages while disconnected from the computer, then the issue would be within the printer, and have nothing to do with the software or computer.

007OHMSS

ske Top Student
Top Student
ske
Message 9 of 23 (57,600 Views)

Prints blank pages associated with a print job

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 10 of 23 (57,581 Views)

Hmmmm. What model is this printer? What operating system are you using? Connected by USB?

007OHMSS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation