Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  We did troubleshoot the main issue as being an overloaded APC UPS1500.  Server has been plugged into a surge suppressor without any UPS and we have had no lockups that require manual powering on of the server.

We had nothing in our event logs that stated there was a power issue.  It was like the server just shot off without a proper powerdown. 

HP Recommended

Also having the same issue on two servers in different locations.  Speaking with support now and am being informed that the ML350 G6 series of servers will not function properly with ANY UPS from APC.  That seems way off-base, especially since there is no documentation indicating such a major issue.

HP Recommended

I'm on a APC Smartups-1000.

Works perfectly.

HP Recommended

Just hung up with support.  He stated that there is known issues with all APC UPSs.  As of now, there is no official paper stating as such.  He said there should be a bulletin in the near future informing buyers of this gotcha. 

I have a customer that doesn't feel like spending a bunch of dough on more than one UPS (he already bought a Back-UPS NS 1250 before I could tell him otherwise).  He pointed me to this site (http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13241_div/13241_div.HTML) for specs on supported UPS.  Looks as though they have their own, probably manufactured by a third-party.  Cost is actually better than APC.

HP Recommended

Check out the type of power supply in your server.  Some of the 350s have a high efficiency power supply that has the issue with the APC units.

HP Recommended

You have to check this

1. Your power supply total power consume 450 watt, 750 watt or 1250 watt

2. 1000 VA ups in not proper for the i think

That's all

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.