Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Contact the video card manufacturer for a remedy.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

update:

seems they finally updated the bios info to add the required bios update to windows 7 selection however if your using windows 10 the bios update for 7/8 is also needed to bypass the hardware lockout for graphics cards too which i am suprised they do NOT include under listing for windows 10 under the older pcs

(in case others have upgraded to 10)

oh well.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem i have an hp pavilion elite h8-1330z and i got a gtx 1050 ti. Not work at all. Does this seem to be a problem with just hp? Should i return and get new card or just get a new desktop??
HP Recommended

@Dchronie20

Please verify that your PC is running BIOS level 8.1.  If it is, then see the below suggestion.

Computer Does Not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 8,10)

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
@big_dave

It is not bios 8. How would i go about downloading it? I must download from hp probably and i heard i must get my bios number and family ssid or something like that (idk hiw to find that) to determine which download to make. Also heard its dangerous to software n componets?
HP Recommended

@Dchronie20

There is only one BIOS update posted for your PC. Additionally, the motherboard in your PC was originally shipped with a version 8 BIOS.

Before updating the BIOS, run a full set of hardware diagnostics to make sure that your PC is stable.  Placing your PC on an UPS would be another item to consider as you don't want a power outage during a BIOS update process.

You may need a bigger power supply depending on the make and model of the NVIDIA GTX 1050.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.