Question

Student
FredyWenger
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

Problems with Serial-Port / Screen after turning on VTX in Bios

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT running Windows 8.1.

As I want to develop Mobile-App's (including Windows-Phone) I need the Windows-Phone-Emulator from Visual Studio 2013 (Update 2).

If i have started the Emulator the first time, there was an error-message displayed (from VS), that i have to change my Bios-Settings.

=> I then have changed the Bios-Settiing (set Virtualisierungstechnonolgie (vtx) to enabled 

After that, the Windows-Phone-Emulator works now

but I have the following negative Seideffects:

- If the screensaver starts up, i can't reach the Windows-Login-Screen my move the mouse or make a keystroke

=> Nothing happens then, I have to change the sources to my (Dell) Screen (on the screen) and move the mouse to

activate the Windows-Login-Screen

- We develop Software with CTI (ComputerTelefon Integration)

=> The Phone is connected via serial cable to the serial-port of the PC

=> This also don't work anymore (and this IS really important for me)

What can I do to solve this problems?

Thanks for a fast feedback.

Update:

- The problem with the serial-port is solved / does not exist:

- The Tapi-Provider in the appication was - for whatever reason - reseted

=> I have reasigned the correct provieder - now ith works again

- The problem with the screensaver remains

Fredy

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (65 Views)

Re: Problems with Serial-Port / Screen after turning on VTX in Bios

Hello FredyWenger,

I understand that you are having issues with your HP Compaq Elite 8300 Business PC and requrie assistance. I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro.

I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation