Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Z210 (Windows 7, 64 bit) small form factor computer with an Nvidia Quadro 600 graphics card. The card's DVI output is connected to my monitor, and works fine. I wish to use the card's DisplayPort output to connect to an hdmi input of my tv.

My Nvidia Control Panel's View System Topology application (properly) reports that my graphics card's DVI port is connected to my Samsung monitor. However, it also reports that my DisplayPort port is "Not connected." This is so even though I have my tv set to HDMI-3 (the tv-input  line that I am using to connect between the tv and the Quadro 600 graphics card), and this same hdmi cable (on one end) has a DVI connector on its other end, which is, in turn, connected to the DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter (which came with my HP Z210 computer) which I have connected to the Quadro 600's DisplayPort output.

Should I instead use a (more direct) DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter (plus an hdmi exension cord) such as this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H3I38Q/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ

to connect to the Quadro 600, and then out (via hdmi cable) to my tv--hopefully to obtain both video and sound from the computer on the tv?

Am I missing anything else that needs to be done in order to get my Z210's Quadro 600 card to connect to my tv?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You might being multiple issues.

1. DVI adapters will not pass audio
  2. Use a DP to HDMI adapter that supports audio as some do not.
  3. In the Sound Control Panel set output to HDMI and unplug any headset.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.