Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi. I bought HP Pavilion 500-319na about a month ago and I am having problems with my wi-fi. That my network sometimes goes into Limited access when there are running torrents all over the place I understand. But the problems i experience when trying to play Dota2/ League of Legends force me to ask you guys here. I understand that i should be using an ethernet cable for online gaming, but that is not possible to do at the moment. My housemate is the same distance away from the router and is experiencing no problems except a slightly bigger delay. And me? After a minute of playing a game my connection simply goes away. I tried to check my driver with windows and  Slimdrivers, seems to be fine. Tried ticking off the power savings option in the adapter, that did not help. From browsing google for like an hour i think people seem to have similar problems with this Atheros adapter on Windows 8.1 but I have not been able to find an answer that would help me out so far. So if there is anyone who could help me out here, I would greatly appreciated that, since I have no life and want to play some games :). Thanks, guys.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @romocop,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! 

I have read your post on how you are not able to get Internet connectivity on your wireless network, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To re-establish a consistent connection between your notebook and the network, I recommend following this document onTroubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎. This should help run a diagnostic on your system using the Network and Internet Troubleshooter, as well as steps to keep your system on the wireless network.

If the issue persists, I recommend following the steps below, starting with a flush of the DNS:

Step 1. Click the Start button
Step 2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"
Step 3. Right-click Command Prompt

Step 4. Click Run as administrator
Step 5. At the command prompt, type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter

Step 6. Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

Was this successful? If not, I would like you to  reset the TCP/IP stack. To do this follow the next set of steps I have set out below:

Step 2. In the search box, type "Command Prompt"
Step 3. Right-click Command Prompt

Step 4. Click Run as administrator
Step 5. Type "netsh winsock reset catalog" and hit Enter
Step 6. Type "netsh int ip reset reset.log" and hit Enter
Step 7. Restart your computer

Next, if none of the above works I would like you to try to Install Windows updates in Windows 8. I would recommend you ensure all updates are done.

Next I would like you to try the next set of steps I have set out for you below:

Step 2. In the search box, type "Windows Explorer"

Step 3. Click on Windows Explorer

Step 4. In the Address bar at the top try to stream a video or download Google Chrome

If you are still not able to connect to your network, you will need to remove and re-install the WiFi adapter drivers on your notebook. To do this, I recommend removing the drivers in Programs and Features and the Device Manager. Once the old software is removed, please restart your computer. The drivers for your wireless network adapter can be downloaded an installed by following this document on Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers.  

Next, if nothing has worked we are going to try using Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎 to restore your computer back to a point in time before this issue arose. This will not affect any personal files you have on your computer, but it will affect any settings you have changed or applications you have installed since the time you go back to. These will have to be re-done once we are finished.

Lastly, If we still have the issue we are at the point where we need to use the HP Support document: Backing Up Your Files (Windows 😎 to back up your personal files. Once we have done this successfully I would like you to review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎, which will walk you through restoring your computer back to factory.

***NOTE: This will destroy everything on your computer so make sure you have backed up everything you wish to keep.

reference: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/Laptop-disconnests-from-internet-unable-to-...

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.