Question

Top Student
wbolling81
Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)

Random restarts

I bought a HP pavilion g7-1219wm, and it randomly restarts all the time. I noticed the restarts are more frequent when I play games that use the graphics card.

What I have done to correct the problem so far.

First, I installed every update from HP and windows and did not solve the problem. Then, I used the restore disk and cleaned the harddisk on the computer. I installed all the updates and the random restarts continue. I have used the recovery dish again, and I did not install one update. It still randomly restarts. I have not altered or upgraded the hardware of my computer in any way. When the restart randomly happen, windows shows a blue screen and an error of BCCode: 1E. I called mircosoft, and they said the error code is associated with the computer having conflicts with the graphics card. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 6320.

I have called HP service, and they are surprised that this problem exist. Has anybody else seen this problem? It is uncomfortable to use the computer because whatever work I don't save before the restart, the work is lost.

Student
iamleafy
Message 2 of 4 (121 Views)

Re: Random restarts

I too, have this same problem, i have an Hp envy 700 series desktop with a nvidia graphics card. Every 5 min my pc restarts giving error, my pc information says graphics had stopped unexpectantly 33 times. My Pc is only 5 months old. I have had all the updates. was hoping to see a resolution, guess gotta conyact hp as im still under warranty.

Top Student
wbolling81
Message 3 of 4 (98 Views)

Yeah, that might be it. I would check if there are updates through the HP assistant. Sometimes, updates for the equipment do not show up on windows update. 

The problem still exists on my computer, but if I do not use heavy graphic demanding applications, then it does not happen. 

Student
FU1095
Message 4 of 4 (84 Views)

I have several different HP computer models that have given me the blue screen of death randomly. My bluescreens were a result of a faulty memory stick. While using the computer, depending on what software was running, the computer would give me the bluescreen and reboot itself. Running the memory diagnostics test found the faulty memory stick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation