Question

Student
lavic_st
Message 1 of 7 (6,012 Views)

Removing Screen cover on my Pavilion DV7

Hy, i notice some dirt inside my screen cover on my pavilion dv7, how i can remove that part to clean that thing? THX
Top Student
w_hp-pc
Message 2 of 7 (6,000 Views)

Re: Removing Screen cover on my Pavilion DV7

Some of the more experienced techs here may know exactly what you're referring to,
however, when I tried to look up: "Pavilion DV7" the response was:

"Product search results
Results for "pavilion dv7"
More than 300 products contain the term "pavilion dv7"
Include both the product name and number in your search."

So, maybe/maybe-not might be a good idea to provide the model# as well.

"How to find my product name/number"
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support/prod_info.html

hope this helps...

Student
TommyPaine
Message 3 of 7 (5,899 Views)

I have the same issue with my Pavilion DV7 - 1175nr  and would be very pleased to know how to remove the screen safely to clean it, and then the best way to seal the cursed thing so I no longer see pipe tobacco slowly make it's way around with my infuriatingly unable to remove it.
Top Student
treed68
Message 4 of 7 (4,520 Views)

its taped on, pry the infiniview plastic sheet off the bezel held on by 2 piece foam tape, good stuff too

Teacher
CowboyDiplomacy
Message 5 of 7 (4,501 Views)

WOW, it's taped on?  That's HP's standard? 3M tape? That's pathetic...GET ON THE BALL HP!!!

Not really a answer, but allot of HP's engineering ideas/standards are pathetic.  Hopefully they're listening.

>>>If I've made you happy, please return the favor by clicking on the white star under my name
Top Student
treed68
Message 6 of 7 (4,199 Views)

this is a great laptop if you buy it from someone unhappy with it on ebay, i got mine for 400 and i LOVE it, but yes, hp sucks. i took my screen protector off and put two intel ssd's and i am lovin it. the edge of the screen looks like s**t but whatever.

hp is notorious for poor products, i think they have gotten a bad wrap from nvidia but comon, they didnt have to put the bad 8400 in 50,000,000 laptops, they could have stopped using it a few million laptops ago....

Student
kikki
Message 7 of 7 (2,813 Views)

Hello,

I have a problem with glare on my new 15” Apple MacBook Pro. Would a ViewGuard Anti-Glare Matte Screen Protector help?

I just recently bought a HP Pavilion dv7-4025. I am very happy about except that it seems like the fn key is locked down. Like I need to press fn + alt + f4 to close a window otherwise it will just ask me to change between some screen settings. I have tried pressing num lock etc. and nothing have worked so far. Any ideas?

http://www.viewguard.com/en-US/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation