Question

Top Student
c2tr5
Message 1 of 10 (5,420 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sound not working , drivers not working, sound card not working

i know this is the wrong site im a  dell but dell couldnt help me my sound card will not be detected nor will its drivers i really need help its this or restore to factory default
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 10 (5,419 Views)

Re: Sound not working , drivers not working, sound card not working

This is definitely the wrong website. Try here. When you install the drivers always install the chipset drivers first and then move on to the others,

regards,

Erico 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Teacher
Rooifalk
Message 3 of 10 (5,405 Views)

if dell couldnt help you and you got a dell pc i gotta say they got pathetic support....not that HP a dance of roses either..:smileysurprised:s..did you install a new soundcard...or did you update something...cause if soundcard not detected and you installed it..are you sure you placed it firmly in its slot....and if yes pc still doesnt detect..it could be something wrong with soundcard and i would take it back to where i bought it and have it exchanged for new one or my money back...00..
Top Student
c2tr5
Message 4 of 10 (5,393 Views)

i have done all the reinstallation of my drivers and chip set all to fail may my external sound card be broken? cause i was using it with teh wrong drivers windows some what abuses the device
Top Student
c2tr5
Message 5 of 10 (5,392 Views)

no i reformated my drive i never reinstalled any drivers windows was abusing the device but for all i know it was working for 3 days and on the 3rd day i came on and it just wasnt working ALSO: i never shut down
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 10 (5,373 Views)

Can you post or link to a jpg of your Device Manager?  The visual image will help us help you.

If your chipset drivers are working or are not installed correctly, that would explain the issues you are having.

regards,

Erico 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Top Student
c2tr5
Message 7 of 10 (5,338 Views)

i left the pc alone for a day and it came back but it isnt using my nromal audio codec its using HD device

Grad Student
Vaika
Message 8 of 10 (5,323 Views)

I'm assuming you've tried restarting to see if it would help?  You said you never shut down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My posts are my opinions and experiences from working in the tech industry :smileyhappy:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Provost
erico
Message 9 of 10 (5,310 Views)

You said sound card. That got my attention. Do you mean onboard sound from the chipset or a physical PCI / PCIe x1 sound card?

After an install of the OS it is necessary to install the chipset drivers  and  LAN driver. The sound driver is sometimes included as part of the chipset driver subset.

Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager to see if drivers are installed. The presence of a yellow exclamation mark after a device means that a driver is not installed and the device is not enabled or working properly.

regards,

Erico 

Top Student
c2tr5
Message 10 of 10 (5,277 Views)

PCI was missing

im using speaker on borad sound card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation