Question

Tutor
Obelisk
Message 1 of 2 (685 Views)

Temperature readings help

Where in all the bios options do I go to view the cpu temperature settings? I have used freeware utilities: HWMonitor and CoreTemp and they are giving me incorrect temperatures. Essentially, they show about 0-5C when 30-35C is normal. I can't help but notice that it looks like the Celcius to Fahrenheit conversion isn't happening correctly. So, I would like to go into the bios to see what it says and to see if I can toggle the readings from F->C (or whichever needs to happen). I can't find the temp readings anywhere whenever I hit ESC, F1, F10, or DEL at startup (before Windows comes up). Can someone tell me where to look and how to get there?

Thank you

Tutor
Obelisk
Message 2 of 2 (682 Views)

Re: Temperature readings help

Sorry....I have an a1700n with the Asus A8M2N-LA MB. I just upgraded the cpu to an AMD 5000+ Brisbane, and the temps aren't correct.They were correct with the AMD 3800+ cpu.  I need to get these temps correct to make sure the cpu and MB are protected from overheating.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation