Question
Time 40 mins behind and 2 days boot menu comes up
Replies (11)

Tutor
GoGuard
Message 11 of 12 (55 Views)

Re: Time 40 mins behind and 2 days boot menu comes up

You ROCK erico! Thank you very much for finding this! 

Do you know how crucial using the same manufacturer of the battery in it now, and if I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of in the BIOS settings, when it says it will erase custom settings, should I be okay with not having to do anything in that regard after I change the battery!

And extra appreciation for putting the direction and notes on the battery for anyone else coming along. It's always great to do a search like "How to Change the CMOS battery" and finding something like this already alone...caveat, if it applies to your computer too, and never know, that may be me one day again in the future and all the other comments from everyone is appreciated!

Provost
erico
Message 12 of 12 (46 Views)

Re: Time 40 mins behind and 2 days boot menu comes up

[ Edited ]

GoGuard wrote:

You ROCK erico! Thank you very much for finding this! 

Do you know how crucial using the same manufacturer of the battery in it now, and if I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of in the BIOS settings, when it says it will erase custom settings, should I be okay with not having to do anything in that regard after I change the battery!

And extra appreciation for putting the direction and notes on the battery for anyone else coming along. It's always great to do a search like "How to Change the CMOS battery" and finding something like this already alone...caveat, if it applies to your computer too, and never know, that may be me one day again in the future and all the other comments from everyone is appreciated!

The CR2032 battery is generic so the brand is not important. You will have to set the time & date.  After you change the battery there shouldn't be an issue with the RTC (real time clock) keeping time.  I also generally have my OS  set to synch with an internet time source that is in my time zone.

I am glad  I was able to help you. Thank you for your service to our country. I am a retired US Coast guardsman.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation