Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Touch screen stopped responding to any touch afer 9 months use.    System details says - HID compliant Touch screen 'This device is working properly'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi JohnSevenoaks,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post on how your TouchScreen stopped responding working, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions:

• What is the Product and Model Number of your desktop computer?
  • What version of Windows do you have installed on your computer?
  • Did you install any new software or hardware to your computer recently?
  • Has your computer completed its important Windows updates?

In the meantime, please follow this document on HP TouchSmart PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 7 or for Windows 8. This should help determine if the issue is software or hardware related.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information. I look forward to your reply!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi JohnSevenoaks,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post on how your TouchScreen stopped responding working, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions:

• What is the Product and Model Number of your desktop computer?
  • What version of Windows do you have installed on your computer?
  • Did you install any new software or hardware to your computer recently?
  • Has your computer completed its important Windows updates?

In the meantime, please follow this document on HP TouchSmart PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 7 or for Windows 8. This should help determine if the issue is software or hardware related.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information. I look forward to your reply!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

CZC3320DPY

Windows 8.1

Most touch features working now, although not sure which part of the process did it.   Not all of the features the same as before (e.g top left corner and edges not giving miniature icons of open windows).

During reboot a blue screen with emoticon and message about damaged driver came up - cleared after 'repair'.

HP Recommended

Product is HP Pavilion 23-h060xt

Windows 8.1

no new software recently

I rebooted and installed all new updates

HP Recommended

Did you get prior post?

HP Recommended

I was having the same problem and I followed the directions you laid out and my touchscreen monitor worked again. I did had to go a step further and searched for Windows 10. But this post helped me. Thank you so much 

HP Recommended
Eunice Can you send link to what you found that helped you with the hp pavilion 23 all in one touch screen windows 10? I can't find it. Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.