Question

Honor Student
hplighthouse
Message 1 of 3 (310 Views)

Turning off internal LEDs? HP EVNY 800-060

[ Edited ]

The PC is the HP ENVY Phoenix 800-060.

Is there an easy way to turn off all of these internal red LEDs? They mostly shine out of the side of the tower, near the bottom. An example.

I get having a few of them, but this thing could be a stand in for a lighthouse.

Intern
hapkiman
Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Turning off internal LEDs? HP EVNY 800-060

[ Edited ]

Of course.  You can simply unplug them from the motherboard.  That does the trick.  I unplugged the two red lights that light up the front of my Phoenix, but left the one light on the CPU fan at the back. 

First - take note of where the lit areas are.  Second - make sure the system is turned off and unplugged.  

Remove the side panel and look inside where the lit areas are and you should see a small black and blue wire running from these areas.  Follow the wires to the mobo (a flashlight helps).  Locate the end plugs on the mobo (they are very small off white three or four pin plugs).  Gently work these plugs loose from the mobo.  Just be sure to tuck the wires away neatly after you free them (zip tie or twist tie them away).  That way they won't get caught in a fan or cause problems.

Honor Student
hplighthouse
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: Turning off internal LEDs? HP EVNY 800-060

Thanks, I'll get to work on that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation