Question

Honor Student
nobax
Message 1 of 4 (120 Views)

USB conflict dc7100 sff

Hello

I use the dc7100 to run several virtual organs.  As part of the system, I use a touchscreen and a midi interface, both of these are connected via usb.

I have had issues with the screen where its recognition of touch becomes inaccurate.  I removed all other usb devices - the screen opeerated normally.  I than added back usb devices, one by one, checking the screen accuracy as I went.  All was OK until I added back in the Midisport Midi interface - the screen loses accuracy!

Where might I get updates for the usb driver(s)?

BTW - is it a definite that this dc7100 will not run Windows 7 in 64bit mode?

Currently running XP Pro with 4 gb memory - shame XP doesn't use all of it.

Any help gratefully received.

Andy

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)

Re: USB conflict dc7100 sff

Hi, Andy:

The only thing I can recommend is that you install the latest chipset driver and see if that helps.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=20775&keyword=chipset+ins...

The dc7100 can run W7 64 bit, but only if it has one of the Intel Pentium 4 6xx series processors.

It wouldn't matter about the 4 GB of memory, even with a 64 bit OS you will see the same amount of memory used.

You need an Intel PC with an Intel series 965 or newer chipset in order for all 4 GB of memory to be seen and used by Windows.

You would also need to purchase an add-on W7 capable graphics card in order to use all of the graphics features of W7 since the onboard GMA 900 video adapter is not completely W7 capable.

Honor Student
nobax
Message 3 of 4 (105 Views)

[ Edited ]

Paul, thank you for your speedy reply to my post.

I followed your link however, 2 things:

the site stated that USB issues would not be addressed in this update; and,

when I attempted to download and run the update anyway, it reached a stage when it reported that my computer didn't meet reqyuirements of the update - the update aborted.

Can't just find a source for the update of the USB port driver.

Eventually, I will need a pc with quad core, 8gb memory (min) and running a 64 bit version of windows.  SOunding pricey!

Thanks again Paul

Andy

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (100 Views)

You're very welcome, Andy.

You may need to install an older version of the chipset driver.

Try this one instead.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=472278&spf...

I once installed W7 x64 on my dc7100 CMT after I upgraded the P4 540 processor to the P4 650 processor.

It worked great with the 4 GB of memory it had.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation