Question

Honor Student
trsfixit
Message 1 of 6 (1,713 Views)

Unlocking H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX to overclock

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I've been having a bit of trouble finding a way to overclock with this mobo ( H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX ), as the bios is locked.

Does HP offer an unlocked mobo bios driver that I could flash?

Does anyone know of a foxconn driver that would work that I could flash and where it could be found? The foxconn website doesn't seem to acknowledge that they made this mobo.

Does anyone know any good softclock utilities for this MOBO? I have tried like 5 with no success. Setfsb supports it on its shareware version but I don't think they provide registration keys anymore {Content Removed}

Is there a hardware switch that unlocks the mobo and bios?

Please refrain from posting about how I could compromise my system, I understand the risks involved.

Thanks!

TRS

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 6 (1,649 Views)

Re: Unlocking H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX to overclock

Sorry, but one cannot overclock that HP customized motherboard.  Attempting to modify the BIOS with non-HP approved BIOS files will only result in disaster.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
trsfixit
Message 3 of 6 (1,637 Views)

[ Edited ]

trsfixit wrote:

Please refrain from posting about how I could compromise my system, I understand the risks involved.

Clearly it can at the very least be softclocked as setfsb is capable of doing so.

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 4 of 6 (1,624 Views)

Please don't come into a HP owned forum expecting someone to offer a hack to modify a proprietary HP BIOS - ain't gonna happen!

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
trsfixit
Message 5 of 6 (1,602 Views)

HP Suppresses customer innovation; Got it.

*writes down reminder in customer satisfaction book.*

Student
perkinsj88
Message 6 of 6 (205 Views)

Really? My computer is owned by me, I shall do to it whatever I please regardless of what HP wants me to do with it. I did not spend the thousand bucks so HP could tell me what I could change in MY computer. Will be the last HP I purchase, if they don't want people messing with it then they should have made it function better to begin with. I don't want a computer that will last for 10 years because in 10 years it will be absolutely useless. So when I need a new PC in a few more years I'll be going in a direction opposite of HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation