Question

Student
hardik09
Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

Updrage ram for windows 8 s3360in

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s3360in Desktop PC and i want to upgrade to windows 8 64-bit from windows vista home basic 32-bit. Currently my pc has 1gb stock ram (512 x 2). I want to upgrade the ram first from 1gb to 4 gb. First of all tell me is it advisable to upgrade the ram to 4gb (2gb each) from 1gb or should I upgrade to 2gb(2gb each), does my pc support 4gb ram?
and secondly will windows 8 run fine on my pc?

Thanks
hardik09

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: Updrage ram for windows 8 s3360in

[ Edited ]

Install only guaranteed compatible memory modules. It is best that you use two 2GB memory modules.The image is from the specifications for your slimline PC.

SLIMLINE.png

Run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to see if Windows 8 will run on your PC.  

Windows 8 drivers are not available on the HP web support portal for your slimline PC.

You will not receive support or Windows 8 drivers from HP.

It just happens to be the policy with older generation PCs such as yours.

You may be able to find the drivers that Windows 8 does not natively have in its driver store at the manufacturers websites for the devices that still need them loaded loaded, but there is no guarantee for that.  

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation