Upgrade PSU for HP compaq elite 8300 CMT (593 Views)
Honor Student
Johan1334
Message 1 of 6 (593 Views)

Upgrade PSU for HP compaq elite 8300 CMT

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I got a Hp Compaq Elite 8300 CMT, and i bought a new graphics card a ASUS GEFORCE GTX 760, i fitted perfectly in my computer but its a bad PSU in it like 320W, and i cant get a new one because its some weird connections from the PSU to the mother card that ''normal'' PSU doest have.  So i need a new PSU with HP standard connections two of the 8 pin one of the 4 pin and one of that weird connection that its written p2 on (the first and the last pic)I need atleast a 500w PSU. Thanks for help!

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0064.jpgDSC_0070.jpgDSC_0074.jpg

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (585 Views)

Re: Upgrade PSU for HP compaq elite 8300 CMT

Hi:

The P/S are proprietary, and you will not find any that I know of for any HP business desktop (dc, Pro or Elite).

Many have looked for these and come up empty handed.

Honor Student
Johan1334
Message 3 of 6 (580 Views)

ok, but can i by an other PSU and by some wire's to connect it?? i already bought the graphics card, if not the only thing to do is to get a new mothercard where i can use standard connections and a new box for the computer, that really sux...

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 6 (577 Views)

Hi:

I am not a PC repair tech or an electronics technician. 

I'm sure it can be done, but I have no idea how to do it, or what you need to do.

I have seen pictures from a few folks on the business support forum, that have cut open the backs of the cases to fit a conventional power supply on some of the business models. Not on the 8300, but on older models.   But then they also know how to rewire the things.

I am sure they have the technological experience and knowledge of circuitry to be able to do that.

You should have bought a workstation if you wanted a business PC with a bigger power supply.

Otherwise, you should have bought a HP consumer desktop where you can install any standard power supply you want.

The Elite PC's are for standard business work and can accomodate low end video cards.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 in my 8200 Elite CMT and it works fine for my needs.

Honor Student
Johan1334
Message 5 of 6 (576 Views)

OK, yes but i got it as a birthday present from my father, it a very good computer and its a great mothercard and processor its just the graphics card that is bad, yes i use it the most for gaming but,  my dad is an electrician and im work a lot with welding and so on so it wont be any problem with that part. can you please link the site where you saw this??

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 6 (574 Views)

Hi:

You can do a search on the business support forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/

There would be no way for me to find what specific threads I may have saw those in.

I would do a search on power supply upgrade.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation