Question

Student
pae123
Message 1 of 2 (398 Views)

Upgrading AMD Radeon 7450A in my Touchsmart 23

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've just bought an Envy Touchsmart 23 that has a 1Gb Radeon 7450A card installed in the MXM 3 slot.

I've been extremely dissapointed in the performance of the card - to be frank, my wife's PC that I bought at the same time (a Pavilion 23 with a GeForce 610 1Gb card) is much better and cost half the price!

I'd like to replace the card with something that enables me to play the games I was able to play on my old computer before upgrading to this one.

Where can I get hold of a replacement compatible MXM card for my machine? I'm perfectly happy fitting it - this is the first PC I've ever bought that I haven't built myself. There seems to be very little information on what is a pretty basic upgrade!

Thanks in advance!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (339 Views)

Re: Upgrading AMD Radeon 7450A in my Touchsmart 23

pae123,

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete HP model name and/or product number of the computer in question. In this case, also provide the same information about your wife's computer for a comparative reference.

All-in-one TouchSmart computers share more in common with laptops and notebooks than traditional desktop computers. Just like laptops and notebooks, TouchSmart computers are highly customized and there is no such thing as a "pretty basic upgrade" when it comes to this type of computer. Once we have a complete model or product number, we can look to see if any other systems based on the same motherboard have been fitted with other graphics cards and relay that in formation to you.

HP is going to be your best source for a new graphics card, however it is going to be expensive. Fitting this card in your computer isn't going to be like installing a card in a traditional desktop. Again, nothing is a "basic upgrade" when it comes to any all-in-one type computer.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation