Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have an HP Pavillion Mini 300 020 and was also trying to add RAM.  System comes with 4gb and i was adding a second 4gb chip.  System failed to recognize the additional memory while Speccy showed they second slot and the additional 4gb.  Swapped slots and still the same result.  Called HP tech support and after more than an hour, they told me the motherboard would not recognize more than 4gb even though the tech specs say it can be upgraded to 16gb.  still don't have a workable solution to adding the memory.

HP Recommended

See Below

HP Recommended

@kyotepac wrote:

Max can you message me the model number you used for the Crucial Ram as I'm having issues with Corsair CMS04GX3M1B1600C11?

Thanks!

Crucial (Micron) Part #CT6930640

HP Recommended

Turbo57:

Not all technicians are knowledgeable about all products. I can assure you that a Crucial (Micron) Part #CT6930640 did work, but make sure that the module is in fact seated.

HP Recommended

where can I find the fact sheet?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@kyotepac wrote:

where can I find the fact sheet?

Thanks!

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/scanview/D5B13AC831D926C3

if you are referring to the memory.

HP Recommended

it is in fact seated as the Speccy program shows the two slots occupied and 8gb of ram.  windows control panel only shows 4gb.  had second hp tech tell me today that the motherboard for this computer will only recognize 4gb of memory, no matter what the hp online specs say.  according to hp tech support, the specs are "misleading" concerning the capabilities of this machine.

HP Recommended

@turbo57 wrote:

it is in fact seated as the Speccy program shows the two slots occupied and 8gb of ram.  windows control panel only shows 4gb.  had second hp tech tell me today that the motherboard for this computer will only recognize 4gb of memory, no matter what the hp online specs say.  according to hp tech support, the specs are "misleading" concerning the capabilities of this machine.

That just doesn't make any sense to me. These are all 64-bit machines and should address up to 16GB, though I think that's excessive for a Celeron system. If the BIOS is showing 8GB with both slots filled then Windows 8.1 should be indicating that. While I don't see why, maybe there is a memory chip incompatability. Maybe it's an incorrect BIOS setting somewhere or you have 32-bit Windows 8.1 for some reason.

Crucial worked for me when Kingston wouldn't. Go figure.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I had exactly the same problem you had and your solution worked perfectly.

The trick, I discovered thanks to you, was to be angry enough to push hard and not care if you broke the memory card.

Fortunately I was.  Fortunately the card survived.

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue but I've tried both slots and they work. HP support then told me my unit can only be upgraded to 4GB total. I'm very dissapointed, as I purchased this unit with the hopes of upgradeding it. That is correct, the site CLEARLY states the unit can be upgraded to 16GB of memory. I purchesed the unit and now cant upgrade as desired. HP should upgrade at no cost for false advertising!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.