Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Alright. So. I was conned into buying this little toy, And I want to know if I can upgrade the Hp Slimline s5310f Into a decent computer. Do not tell me to check the Hp part serfer thing. Just be straight with me please. Can I upgrade it's power supply to a 400w? or at least to a power supply that can handle a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202002 I'd really apperciate some help, even if I'm beyond pissed about being lied to about this computer. It can't even play World of Warcraft at a decent frame rate. It really should be illegal for salesmen to lie about a machine's capabilities.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here are the spec for your HP Pavilion Slimline s5310f Desktop Computer and its M2N68-LA (Narra6) motherboard. According to the specs, this model came equiped with an AMD Athlon II X2 250, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 220 watt power supply, integrated nVidia GeForce 6150SE graphics, and a PCIe x16 graphics card slot.

To achieve a gaming class machine, I would recommend upgrading all of the above components... if possible. The RAM is already maxed out, as the motherboard only supports 2GB DIMMs and only has 2 slots. The graphics card you linked to should fit in the computer and function with a 400 watt power supply. Please contact AthenaPower.com for possible compatible power supplies. It appears that the Athena Power AP-TFX40 is a compatible replacement for the HP p/n 504966-001 (Regulated power supply 220-Watt, 100V-240VAC <Bardolino>) installed in your computer. Consider upgrading to a 95 watt maximum TDP Phenom II X2, X3, or X4 with the same or higher clock speed for an improvement in overall system performance.

Since the Slimline series case is very small, it is not really designed for gaming. Extra heat builds up in these models when they are fitted with upgrade graphics cards and CPU's. You may need to consider improving air flow by replacing the system fan with one of higher CFM.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here are the spec for your HP Pavilion Slimline s5310f Desktop Computer and its M2N68-LA (Narra6) motherboard. According to the specs, this model came equiped with an AMD Athlon II X2 250, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 220 watt power supply, integrated nVidia GeForce 6150SE graphics, and a PCIe x16 graphics card slot.

To achieve a gaming class machine, I would recommend upgrading all of the above components... if possible. The RAM is already maxed out, as the motherboard only supports 2GB DIMMs and only has 2 slots. The graphics card you linked to should fit in the computer and function with a 400 watt power supply. Please contact AthenaPower.com for possible compatible power supplies. It appears that the Athena Power AP-TFX40 is a compatible replacement for the HP p/n 504966-001 (Regulated power supply 220-Watt, 100V-240VAC <Bardolino>) installed in your computer. Consider upgrading to a 95 watt maximum TDP Phenom II X2, X3, or X4 with the same or higher clock speed for an improvement in overall system performance.

Since the Slimline series case is very small, it is not really designed for gaming. Extra heat builds up in these models when they are fitted with upgrade graphics cards and CPU's. You may need to consider improving air flow by replacing the system fan with one of higher CFM.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

The graphics card I linked is actually capable of functioning off my 220w power supply, hilariously enough. And sadly, the Powersource you linked is out of production. And I don't want it to run **bleep** like skyrim, or what ever, I just want to play WoW with a decent Fps, which it should do just fine with the new Graphics card and power source.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.