Question

Student
Bigbadsquid
Message 1 of 2 (154 Views)

Upgrading my pc, need bios help

Hey guys! I'm upgrading my HP p6-2107c gpu to include a evga gtx 750ti superclock, but I need help regarding compatibility (particularly bios). Will this gpu work with my current setup (amd A6 3620 with hibiscus motherboard)? I posted to other forums and they said that my cpu shouldn't bottleneck the card. I'm NOT building a pc or upgrading more than my gpu. Thank you!
HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: Upgrading my pc, need bios help

Hello Bigbadsquid,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are installing the EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked in your HP Pavilion p6-2107c Desktop PC and are inquiring as to where it will work correctly. I have reviewed the specs for both the computer and the graphics card and I can see no issues with it working as designed in your HP Pavilion p6-2107c Desktop PC.

The only requirements listed for this device aside from the expansion slot being available is that you have a minimum of a 300 watt power supply and the HP Pavilion p6-2107c Desktop PC comes with a 300 watt power supply. You may in time want to up the power supply a bit as you are now riding the very minimum requirement.

All in all should work fine for you.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a wonderful day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation