Question

Honor Student
Foxhounder
Message 1 of 4 (1,989 Views)

Video card, will it fit?

I recently got an HP slimline s5212y desktop. I was wondering if there are any video cards that could possibly fit in the slim case. I see it has 1 PCI Express x 1, 1 PCI Express x16 available slots. I hope something can fit in it since video cards are beastly now and are the size of safety deposit boxes haha.
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 4 (1,968 Views)

Re: Video card, will it fit?

It needs to be a low profile / half height card that fits into the x16 PCI-e slot. You also need to know how much your power supply can handle so not all graphics cards will work.
Teacher
tvccs
Message 3 of 4 (1,924 Views)

Try this link...and look for something short that your power supply can handle...there are some out there.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&Description=&Type=&N=2...

Intern
Alaska99801
Message 4 of 4 (1,843 Views)

Try the new low profile/low power video cards.  These do not required the extra power connector that regular cards sometimes need.

They can be use with the stock PSU of most Slimlines.  I am using a Galaxy GeForce 9600 GT on a stock 220 watts PSU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation