Question

JPZ Student
Student
JPZ
Message 1 of 4 (5,242 Views)

Where Can I buy a new HP motherboard?

[ Edited ]

My  two years old HP desktop computer -HP Pavilion Elite m9000t - couldn't start up last week.  I spent ~ $1200 for this computer two years ago and it only lasted ~ 2 years. The HP customer support people told me that it had a broken motherboard. I want to replace it by myself. But I prefer to  buy the same motherborad to reduce the risk.  Does anyone know where I can buy this motherboard? If I can't  find the exact same motherboard, what is the risk to use a different motherboard? Thanks for your help.

Here is the motherborad in my HP m9000t computer:

• Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS IPIBL-LA
  • HP/Compaq name: Berkeley-GL8E
  • Tutor
    ParanoidAndroid
    Message 2 of 4 (5,225 Views)

Re: Where Can I buy a new HP motherboard?

If i'm correct [which I may not be] the board is a Micro AXT form factor.  [You would have to make sure].   Since this is a moard made by ASUS for HP your would have to approach HP -or- buy one second hand on "an auction site".  I noted one on there which when for ~ $52.  However given it looks a standard micro AXT I would go on the ASUS web site and look for a board similar, You could get a better [P5QL-VM EPU] for example for not too much money [well relative to the price of you system - this one is ~£75 on Amazon [uk]].  Double check before you buy, look at the ASUS forum to make sure your not buying an unreliable MB.

Regents Professor
    TheOldMan
    Message 3 of 4 (5,222 Views)

JPZ:

Please bear in mind that if you get a motherboard different from the one installed, the recovery disks for the OS will no longer allow a reinstall.   Then a new retail copy of the OS will be needed.  If you wish to avoid that issue it would be better to buy a board from EBay.  See here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-IPIBL-LA-HP-Berkeley-GL8E-5189-2129-Intel-G33-MB_W0QQitemZ280450876100QQcmd...

But whatever you decide.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
    Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
    Student
    techfan
    Message 4 of 4 (74 Views)

Don't buy from manufactrure model number. You have to go from HP parts number (p/n). Othere wise you will get big truble to make it work.

In warrenty time, you can buy from store.hp.com

For out off warrenty parts,  you could not find it from store.hp.com. You can try one online store: hpparts.us.  We did get some item from there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation