Where Can I buy a new HP motherboard? (4646 Views)
JPZ Student
Student
JPZ
Message 1 of 3 (4,646 Views)

Where Can I buy a new HP motherboard?

[ Edited ]

My  two years old HP desktop computer -HP Pavilion Elite m9000t - couldn't start up last week.  I spent ~ $1200 for this computer two years ago and it only lasted ~ 2 years. The HP customer support people told me that it had a broken motherboard. I want to replace it by myself. But I prefer to  buy the same motherborad to reduce the risk.  Does anyone know where I can buy this motherboard? If I can't  find the exact same motherboard, what is the risk to use a different motherboard? Thanks for your help.

Here is the motherborad in my HP m9000t computer:

• Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS IPIBL-LA
  • HP/Compaq name: Berkeley-GL8E
  • Tutor
    ParanoidAndroid
    Message 2 of 3 (4,629 Views)

Re: Where Can I buy a new HP motherboard?

If i'm correct [which I may not be] the board is a Micro AXT form factor.  [You would have to make sure].   Since this is a moard made by ASUS for HP your would have to approach HP -or- buy one second hand on "an auction site".  I noted one on there which when for ~ $52.  However given it looks a standard micro AXT I would go on the ASUS web site and look for a board similar, You could get a better [P5QL-VM EPU] for example for not too much money [well relative to the price of you system - this one is ~£75 on Amazon [uk]].  Double check before you buy, look at the ASUS forum to make sure your not buying an unreliable MB.

Regents Professor
    TheOldMan
    Message 3 of 3 (4,626 Views)

Re: Where Can I buy a new HP motherboard?

JPZ:

Please bear in mind that if you get a motherboard different from the one installed, the recovery disks for the OS will no longer allow a reinstall.   Then a new retail copy of the OS will be needed.  If you wish to avoid that issue it would be better to buy a board from EBay.  See here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-IPIBL-LA-HP-Berkeley-GL8E-5189-2129-Intel-G33-MB_W0QQitemZ280450876100QQcmd...

But whatever you decide.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
    Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation