Question

Top Student
RicardoNeves
Message 1 of 9 (295 Views)

Will this processor work on my motherboard?

I need to buy a new processor for my computer, the problem is that I never bought one. I've been searching my motherboards specs(Here) but still I'm not sure if this processor will work.

MOBO: 

M2NC51-AR (HematiteXL) 

Processor:

AMD Athlon II X2 270 

Thanks in advance.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 9 (232 Views)

Re: Will this processor work on my motherboard?

Hello RicardoNeves,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you want to put the AMD Athlon II X2 270 processor on the M2NC51-AR (HematiteXL) motherboard. The only real difference between the AMD Athlon X2 (B) (AM2+) which is shown as supported on that motherboard and the AMD Athlon II X2 270 is the fact that the AMD Athlon II X2 270 is AM2+. AMD has confirmed that AM2 processors will work on AM2+ motherboards and AM2+ processors will work on AM2 motherboards. However, the operation of AM2+ processors on AM2 motherboards will be limited to the specifications of Socket AM2. 

This means that yes you can use the AMD Athlon II X2 270 on your M2NC51-AR (HematiteXL) motherboard, but you will not get all the benefits as it is restricted to the AM2 limitations.

I hope this has answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Top Student
RicardoNeves
Message 3 of 9 (210 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the help.

So, what would it be the best cpu's to use with the highest cpu clock speed? I mean from all cpu's compatible with this motherboard.

Thanks in advance.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 4 of 9 (195 Views)

Hello again RicardoNeves,

In order to be able to answer this question correctly I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As with this we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Top Student
RicardoNeves
Message 5 of 9 (188 Views)

My product model is an HP Pavillion S3030 and my product number is RY948AA.

Thank you for all the help.

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 6 of 9 (183 Views)

To answer your question the best processor you can get for your motherboard is the AMD Phenom II Quad-Core. I have linked you to a chart on the AMD site that will illustrate the Processor Speeds, System Buss Speed, cache and power requirements.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
RicardoNeves
Message 7 of 9 (177 Views)

I read somewhere that my mobo only supports cpu's up to 65w and am2 and am2+ sockets right?

This means there's only 2 cpu's from the list you provide me and both single core...Am I correct?

So, probably the cpu I mentioned on the first post is better than this two, right?

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 8 of 9 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]

I do not know where you read that your motherboard only supports 65w. If you look at the The M2NC51-AR (HematiteXL) motherboard which is the motherboard in your computer under Processor upgrade information you will see the supported processors for your computer.

I hope I have answered your questions to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
RicardoNeves
Message 9 of 9 (167 Views)

I read it from here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/298862-30-maximum-accepted-m2nc51-hematitexl

Anyway... only am2 sockets work right? So I have:
AMD Phenom™ X4, and
AMD Phenom™ X3, correct? But because they are am2+ socket wouldn't they loose performance like the first I mentioned?

Once again, thank you for answering my questions.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation