Question

Honor Student
tekata
Message 1 of 7 (2,362 Views)

Windows 7 Home Premium product key be wiped with the time

My product key is erased with the time and I don't saved it anywhere. How do I get it back. Who should I ask to pay attention to all letters and requests and help me???

HP Pavilion dv6-1360ev 

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Link to my cloud:  https://www.box.com/s/5927596aa98b4661fe39 where you will see what I mean

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 7 (2,355 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Home Premium product key be wiped with the time

The Windows product key printed on the Microsoft COA isn't used by your computer and is just a formality. The key that is used by your computer for activation is a special HP OEM key. In addition to the HP OEM key, Windows uses a HP OEM certificate and the computer's BIOS to preactivate the computer. Please make sure you have made your HP Recovert Disc set. This disc set contains all the neccessary items needed to reinstall Windows 7 and preactivate it.

If you still "want" the COA with Windows product key, contact HP Customer Support direct via telephone, chat, or email to see if they can provide one.

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 3 of 7 (2,352 Views)

Frank (lasvegaswiremen) is correct.  The Microsoft COA key really is not needed but it can be used if the Recovery set does not work as planned.  The COA key is for a reinstall with the retail Windows 7 disk and will only work with the same OS that the tag indicates.  As long as the original info from the HP OEM install is saved somewhere portable, then a retail install can even be activated with that info (Google is your friend)

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
tekata
Message 4 of 7 (2,338 Views)

Before one and half year, my window it's crash, since then I've been trying to contact someone to help me, but so far without success. I have written hundreds of letters to HP customer support , the international department and  Balgarian department ,with no response so far. To be able to use my computer, I installed a crack Window 7. I'm not proud with this but I paid it but no one helps me to keep it working. Because of this now I looking for help   Someone to help me to restore my installation key. I was told by Microsoft that HP must recover it but none of them respond  I only write them a letters .... but nothing for now. Please help you are the first who answer me.

https://www.box.com/s/5927596aa98b4661fe39

Honor Student
tekata
Message 5 of 7 (2,336 Views)

Before one and half year, my window it's crash, since then I've been trying to contact someone to help me, but so far without success. I have written hundreds of letters to HP customer support , the international department and Balgarian department ,with no response so far. To be able to use my computer, I installed a crack Window 7. I'm not proud with this but I paid it but no one helps me to keep it working. Because of this now I looking for help Someone to help me to restore my installation key. I was told by Microsoft that HP must recover it but none of them respond I only write them a letters .... but nothing for now. Please help you are the first who answer me.
https://www.box.com/s/5927596aa98b4661fe39
Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 6 of 7 (2,327 Views)

There is no need to run an illegal Windows 7 OS when there is a Recovery set available so the entire computer will return to like the computer was when new.  Read the appropriate parts pertaining to the laptop under consideration: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07143&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4059889&quer...

I see this is a laptop, and I do not normally work with them.  Perhaps someone with more experience could assist in answering questions but the method to run the Recovery set, once you get one, should be similar.

I also see that this unit must be outside the USA, another stumbling block for me as I am familiar with the Windows OS from the USA.  Licensing should be similar but might be different in the exact method of activating outside the USA.  That being said, I think if you were to get a retail install disk for Windows 7 and the version from the country of the same as the computer came from, then it could be activated with the proper OEM certificate and info from a HP OEM install.  Order the Recovery set from HP, if there was not one made or it is no longer available to run at this time.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
tekata
Message 7 of 7 (2,326 Views)

To my great misfortune, I've never done such a recovery CD, and there is no way to fix this system that's why I need activation key to can restore my window again !!! 

If you are you can not help me very sorry that you deal with my problem. I will continue to look for ways to deal with it alone. I wish you all the best and have a nice day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation