10-31-2012 09:31 AM
I recently installed Windows 8 and the keyboard works fine on it except the multimedia buttons don't, like the volume up/down, play, stop, etc. I tried to install the software for it that I used in previous versions of Windows and it didn't work, gave me an error 9998.
The keyboard is a KG-0636
Can someone provide me with the Windows 8 driver for it?
This question was solved. View Solution.
11-01-2012 08:47 PM
I also recently installed Windows 8 PRO x64, with the same issue as mentionmed by 'cormchar'.
I also tried to install the HP driver software for it that I used previously in Windows 7, with compatibilty issues with the OS.
Also received an error 9998.
Original driver from HP Media Center PC m8020n (Keyboard orginally came from):
The keyboard is also a KG-0636
Would really like to Use the 'Search' button with Windows 8, also among the other multimedia features .
Is there a generic USB wireless keyboard driver for windows 8 that incorporates the multimedia buttons?
11-04-2012 11:46 AM
Here's a solution that I was able to find to make this work for me.
- Go to Administrative Tools->Services
- Locate the Human Interface Device Access service and right-click and set it to Automatic.
- Then download the Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver (sp44446.exe) file.
- Extract the .exe file to a folder, don't execute it.
- In the extract file go to the src folder and right-click and run as administrator the install.exe file.
- Wait for the install to finish.
- Then go to the src/src folder and right-click and run as administrator the install.exe file.
This seems to have worked for me.
08-19-2013 04:47 PM
I followed your suggestion to manually extract the KB44447 (Pavilion a6700y 64 bit original keyboard driver as updated for Windows 7), and I still received the 9998 error that it's not the software for my system.
Any other suggestions on a keyboard driver for Windows 8?