Question

Top Student
jimmyboggs
Message 1 of 5 (265 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 "Simple Communications Error"

Just bought H9-1150T, installed Windows 8 Pro, have device error and need driver or fix for it, under "other devices" Simple communications controller, does anyone know or have the fix for this?Thanks Jimmy

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (260 Views)

Re: Windows 8 "Simple Communications Error"

[ Edited ]

The simplest solution should be to run the Intel driver update utility and let it find the required driver.

Intel does supply drivers for Windows 8 even whil manufacturers have not yet caught up to the demand. Your desktop has an Intel X79 Express chipset. 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up icon next to the reply button

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
jimmyboggs
Message 3 of 5 (250 Views)

Ran update utility, saya "this version is valid" version 9.2.3.1023, still have "simple COmmunication Error" any other ideas?

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]

Use the device manager to identify the PCI\VEN  hardware ids of the device as in the following screen. That is the simplest way to identify a device and search the PCI\VEN database for the correct driver. If a device does not have the correct driver there should be a yellow exclamation point next to it in the Device Manager. The following image is just an example of a Windows 8 Device Manager screen. Once you find the PCI\VEN alphanumeric string, post it here or use the snipping tool to post an image here.

Win8_DevMGR.PNG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up icon next to the reply button

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
jimmyboggs
Message 5 of 5 (246 Views)

I downloaded previous version, not latest and replaced it it cleared the error message, thank you for all of your help.

FYI you have to install Java to run update utlity.

Thanks Jimmy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation