Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (223 Views)

Wireless adapter and Nvidia graphics card not displaying in Device Manager

[ Edited ]

I have had several issues with my m9790a HP Pavillion lately. Firstly my NVIDIA graphics card and now my wireless adapter have stopped working and no longer display in the Device manager.

I have opened the case and cleaned and reseated all cards and connections with no change.

With regards to the graphics card, I have connected the monitor to the Intel graphics chip so I have a display.

With regards to the Wireless adapter, the blue light is on and I am able to connect to the internet via a wired connection.

Tutor
Message 2 of 7 (201 Views)

Re: Wireless adapter and Nvidia graphics card not displaying in Device Manager

Hi...

On the surface, this sounds like possibly a motherboard and/or PSU (Power Supply Unit) problem. Is there a way you can verify if the parts in question work in another system? The wireless adapter may be hard to verify if you have one that is shown here...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCache...

Also, did these problems start after you added a component or two to the system? What is the brand and voltage (output) of your PSU?

Regards...

Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (187 Views)

[ Edited ]

I haven't made any component changes to the PC.

The Power Supply is the original: Delta Electronics, P/N: 5188-2860, Max continuous Power output: 350W

I can't physically see the Wireless Adaptor, I assume that is sits in behind the front panel, but once again, it is the original.

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (172 Views)

Hi Travis73,

See the below images for the location of the wireless adapter.

m9xxx wireless adapter.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP ENVY 17t Touch,i7-5500u,16GB, 256 GB SSD (on loan)
HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-5930k, X99, 16GB 2800 MHz DDR4, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, EVGA GTX 760TI
Windows 8.1 UEFI mode
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (158 Views)

I now know where it is however it looks ok as do all connections.

Tried disconnecting/reconnecting and then scaning for hardware changes with nil change.

Provost
Message 6 of 7 (153 Views)

What is the installed operating system?

****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem or answers your question. Doing that will help others facing the same problem to find a solution easily, just because you shared it. ****

2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience

Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (132 Views)

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium SP1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation