HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-10-2010 10:24 AM - edited 03-10-2010 10:27 AM
I have a Workstation XW6400, Win 7 Ultimate - 64, nVidea Quadro FX1500, 8Gb RAM, USB-mouse and keyboard.
Connecting a USB-device caused complete all USB, front & back, not responding. All USB host controllers and hubs are listed and apparently functioning correctly in Device Manager.
Restarting machine, disconnecting - reconnecting, unistalling and let the automatic detection and installing of new hardware do its work: Nothing worked.
Although it has an Intel chipset I tried running software update (nVidea chipset SoftPaq SP44620) with driver version 6.1.7600.6445
No result. What now? Running now on a old PS/2 mouse - keyboard.
My CAD-work is getting delayed. I need USB for my 3D-controller. Please help.
Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 2689
Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 268A
Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 268B
Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB Universal Host Controller - 2688
Intel(R) 631xESB/6321ESB/3100 Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 268C
03-01-2011 11:38 PM
I fix this issue in W7 64bit.......
Here is how it work. Microsoft/HP dont like you to install other peoples driver so you have to manually install intels drivers that WORK!
1. go to intels auto detect drivers page http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm
2. Scan your computer and download the chipset drivers infinst_auto.exe
3. Use a program like 7zip to extract this exe file.
4. Open up "device manager"
5. Expand USB controller. and select the properties of the first intel 631xESB..................... select the driver tab and choose "update driver".
6. Chose "browse for driver". Click the browse buttons and choose the location you have extracted the intel driver from. The driver you are after is in the "All" folder.
7. Click next and windows 7 64bit install the driver! All done.
8. repeat this step for all items list as "intel" in your device manager and your computer will be VERY happy with w7 64bit.
So all in all the are certified drivers for all components of this machine if you go to the original manufacturer source.
Enjoy and tell me if it works for you.