a6750f desktop mouse right click not working (6356 Views)
Top Student
Gychief
Message 1 of 10 (6,356 Views)
Accepted Solution

a6750f desktop mouse right click not working

I just purchased an a6750f desktop & a G60-235DX laptop within the past week. On both computers, when my wife & I try to use the right mouse button for clicking to copy & paste text or links, it will not work. If I just right click without anything highlighted, the options box shows up but everything for text options (paste, forward, copy background, etc.) cannot be clicked on. This is in all programs & on internet sites. I have checked the mouse options under Control Panel & Device Manager & it says everything is working fine on both computers. I have also tried to check for solutions on Microsoft's web site without success. Vista Home Premium is on both computers. Any help in solving this problem will be greatly appreciated. The left mouse button works fine on both. Thank you.

George

Professor
1badGuard
Message 2 of 10 (6,348 Views)

Re: a6750f desktop mouse right click not working

What brand of mouse do you use on them?
Top Student
Gychief
Message 3 of 10 (6,337 Views)

laptop:   Synaptics Touchpad V7.0

desktop:  PS/2 compatible mouse, appears to be standard from Microsoft, same shows under device manager as well.

I know this is probably just some sort of setting somewhere, but I can't find it. But it is just odd that both computers are doing the same thing, that's why I believe that the initial HP installation/configuration may have something to do with it Thanks.

George

Professor
1badGuard
Message 4 of 10 (6,329 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try this also.

Right click the start menu. Go to Properties. Go to the Start Menu tab. Click customize. Go to the advanced tab. Make sure "Enable Context menus and Dragging and Dropping" is checked. If not ckeck it. Click Ok, Apply,Ok.

Message Edited by dmhoo29 on 02-11-2009 01:24 PM
Top Student
Gychief
Message 5 of 10 (6,317 Views)

Yes that is checked & still not working.
Professor
1badGuard
Message 6 of 10 (6,302 Views)

Was away for a while.

If you have not done so Open Device Manager and click on the + next to Mice and other pointing devices and right click and remove the drivers. Reboot and see what happens.

Top Student
Gychief
Message 7 of 10 (6,294 Views)

UPDATE: I had an online chat last night with a HP laptop tech. She advised me to perform a system recovery to reload the mouse drivers (which I did not do because I don't think a system recovery is in order because it is the same problem on both computers). I then had an online chat with a HP desktop tech. he advised me to uninstall then reinstall the mouse drivers, then reboot. I did do that on both computers. The copying & pasting of text in programs with the right mouse button is now working, but the right mouse button for copying & pasting text from internet sites & copying of internet links is still not working. I did try to check on the Microsoft Vista website & they state since Vista was installed by HP, to contact HP. I am typing this from my work computer which has Windows XP, & the right mouse button for copying & pasting from internet sites is working. Thanks.
Professor
1badGuard
Message 8 of 10 (6,291 Views)

If you have SP1 installed they have to support it until 3/09.

Do a Chat request and they will help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?LN=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921&acty=Start&ctl=Region...

Top Student
Gychief
Message 9 of 10 (6,265 Views)

FINAL UPDATE: I just finished an over 2 hour chat with a microsift vista tech with the link posted above. After doing several things including msconfig setting changes & reboots, the cause for he problem on both computers was linked to the display settings on both computers being too high with the initial setup. The display settings were changed slightly & both computers right mouse button copying & pasting works with no problems.

DMHOO29: I want to thank you for posting that link & all of your help in regards to this problem. Without that link for the online chat with Microsoft, I would still be pulling my hair out!!!!

Consider this problem solved. 

George

Professor
1badGuard
Message 10 of 10 (6,263 Views)

[ Edited ]

Awesome. I was getting to the point where I may have helped you pull out your hair and mine. LOL

It gets nerve racking at times.

Glad it worked out.

Message Edited by dmhoo29 on 02-12-2009 10:55 PM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation